Sign in to follow this  

Went down to the Yamaha/Honda dealership to...

dream, fantasize, set a goal, whatever. While sitting on the CRF450 and 250, and YZ250F and 450F I noticed one very disturbing difference. While the Hondas' seats were soft yet firm, those Yamaha seats were like planks!

Anyone else notice this and do you Yamaha pilots have a fix for this? Maybe they spent the money on durable valves? 😢

😢 Just kidding. What awesome bikes they all are!!!

I can put up with a hard seat for good suspension, motor, and valves anyday. Id rather have a sore ass from riding all day then have a sore ass from adjusting valves and adding oil all day. 😢 :cry:

I think that after a while, those of us who ride the Yamaha's, wind up with an a$$ that is as hard as a plank too. At least that's what my gf tells me. lol

If you need to consider seat comfort, you need to be looking at quads. 😢

😢

My XR650L seems to have part of a couch for a seat. My CRF250X has a very normal seat. My YZ125 has a 2X6 with rounded edges and my KDX220 is full of cellulite but feels very nice on the 8 hours of riding A$$. 😢

I can put up with a hard seat for good suspension, motor, and valves anyday. Id rather have a sore ass from riding all day then have a sore ass from adjusting valves and adding oil all day. 😢 :cry:

Thats funny. The 04 CRF250R was widely known to have the best suspension for its class. I have had 0 valve problems, and changed my oil properly without trouble. This Yamaha-Honda brand war is "reddecceliss". They are all great bikes.

I noticed quite the opposite. The Honda seat seemed stiff and the Yamaha seat was bouncy.

😢My bet is that you don't weigh 250!!! 😢

Your bet would be correct. I'm a bit more than half of that!

Funny you mention that. I was just noticing my butt was hurting from yesterday.

Eh I do everything sitting...I'm lazy..including jumping..then just let the bike pull away throught he air into a semi standing position right before I land 😢

I can put up with a hard seat for good suspension, motor, and valves anyday. Id rather have a sore ass from riding all day then have a sore ass from adjusting valves and adding oil all day.

yup 😢 :cry: