Sign in to follow this  

Thank You Bill, Casey, and Ed!!!

I just got home from a fabulous ride with these 3 members.

Around 10 I met Bill, and Ed. We headed to some trails I knew just outside of Harrisonburg.

These 2 guys rule the technical stuff.

A couple of times I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw what they were doing. Major skills!!!

About an hour into our ride we met Casey. It worked perfect. For a second I thought I might be the slowest guy. Pift, that quickly ended as I saw Casey disappear too.

Anyways I appreciate it guys. For me it was like being in class. I picked up a lot for watching the 3 of you.

I never thought I would made it down (and up) some trails, but the 3 of you helped me a TON!

My bike has a yellow twin in Salem, Virginia. Very kewl.

Ed's bike sounds like beast though I rarely got close enough to hear it.

Bill is a mad man. No Bill is just insane!

Oh yeah, I will be taking it a bit slower before I decide to jump anything again.

Below are a couple of pics I took.

Thanks again!!! 😢

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

😢😢

Well, you won the race home- first thing through the door I checked this forum- good ride today.

Nice photos, Soulman. I'll try to post my photos of the ride too. Got some good ones at the creek. The reason you couldn't hear my bike on the open fire roads is because you guys were powersliding sideways through the corners way ahead of me! Enjoyed riding with all of you guys. What say we do that again?!

Hey! i recognize that xl...he rode with us when Chuck took us out on an 'unofficial' dual sport ride.

Same area...awesome riding around there.

Looks great, I have been wanting to check out those trails but don't know the area at all. If you guys do a TT ride there, let us know. Is that taskers gap?

It's not Taskers Gap. It's off Rt. 33 west of Harrisonburg. I've not ridden Tasker, the Cove, or Hatfield/McCoy. For those of you who have riddenthose, how do they compare to the Harrisonburg area trails?

Just looking at some maps of the area we were in, and we definitely need to go back and explore further. Daylight was getting short there at the end, and our trips home were looming, but the place where we turned around was one jump- off point to go deep into the woods (just across the road from our view where Soulman took some pics) This would have taken us down off the Mtn. and along a creek ending up back on 33. Also the left- hand turn where Bill discovered his footpeg was loose would have taken us down into that valley and along the powerline we could see from the view. From there, all these little trails marked 4WD in the VA Gazetteer- one follows a ridgetop, one stays with the powerline, two separate trails follow creekbeds, and another loops back up to FR 72. Just take a look at all the stuff east of FR 72 if you've got a map. It's incredible (if it's all really there, you know how that goes). I vote we try it again! Soulman how did the ride go Sunday?

Sat. is out for me but I would be up for Sun. if the weather looks decent. I'll try to get ahold of a 'real' forest service map of the area soon- the maps I have of the Jefferson and Southern GW are very detailed and much more reliable than the gazzetter, and they make one for all the trails in that area. Sunday forecast for Harrisonburg is sunny and 46.

Sunday pics!!!

Bill (another Bill) crossing a stream.

ss1.jpg

My brother Donnie wheeling across the stream.

ss2.jpg

This is what happens at high speed when the tires don't bite, and the front wheel doesn't lift.

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

ss7.jpg