Sign in to follow this  

Went from 3 bikes to 7 today Moto-Guzzi dirt bike? Year? Eddie?

I picked some bikes at auction today. Some pretty good deals that I could not say no to. And yes the wife is pi$$ed. Anyway I have a year unknown Moto-Guzzi dirt bike and I first did not even know they made dirt bike and second cannot seem to find anything like it on the web so I am turning to the tried and trusted members of TT to let me know what year and model it might be 😢 I took it by the local Guzzi shop here in GR MI and he said where in the heck did you get that.. continued by I didn't think Guzzi imported any dirt bikes to the US.

In any case if anyone knows about these please reply or PM me - thanks, as always - Steve 😢

www.msnusers.com/stevedrzrm/shoebox.msnw

that guzzi was never intended as a dirt bike.it was street bike.someone did that to it.

the kdx80 looks whole.is it a runner?

the 125 elsinore is good ebay bait.to bad the swingarm is hacked.

is that a xl 185 or 200?

Eddie you do not miss a beat. I am impressed, yes, again.

I have not noticed the swingarm on the Elsinore being hacked 😢 but I am going to look as soon as my fat fingers are done here. The XL is a 250. The Guzzi dealer showed me a model book and they did make some dirt bikes back in the day its just that none of them looked like this one. 😢

Anyway... thank for the quick reply as usual. 😢

Steve

that guzzi was never intended as a dirt bike.it was street bike.someone did that to it.

the kdx80 looks whole.is it a runner?

the 125 elsinore is good ebay bait.to bad the swingarm is hacked.

is that a xl 185 or 200?

Burned,

You're right again that swingarm is hacked. Now I am really impressed. 😢 And yes the KDX is a runner but the intake boot has a crack, all else is there so I'll get a new boot and it will give me something to rise with the kid on until he is big enough to ride it or......e-bay is always an option. You would laugh if I told you what I paid for all four bikes 😢

Steve

Well now you are going to have to tell us.....

Well okay then I guess I don't care

1987 KDX80 $140 (needs intake boot and a rear tire)

1975 CR125 Elsinore $15 (needs a frickin' miracle)

1978 XL250 $5..... yes $5 (beyond help but partable)

19?? MotoGuzzi $55 (got to have some value...right????)

Soooo...... just over $200 for all. Anyone want to offer $201 because my wife says I am a moron and sometimes I think she is right. Today is just not one of those days. 😢

Steve

Burned,

Please look at my host again. (below) I think I have found the model period. It appears to be a 1967-1969 Stornello Scrambler 125. You tell me if you agree? I got this info from www.wildguzzi.com under the "links" section there is a model designator.

Thanks Steve

Interesting Guzzi, from glancing at the pics it even looks like it is all pretty much stock except for the missing headlight, amazing that no-one hacked off those front fender stays.

I am waayy late to this posting, but have been looking for a Lodola/Stornello dirt bike for years. My grandparents had my uncles old Guzzi dirt bike in their garagefor years. Interesting coincidence...because it was in Traverse City, MI not too far from the original poster. Guzzi did indeed make dirt bikes when ISDT was still big in Europe in the 60's...this looks much like the old bike I used to climb all over as a kid. You sure don't see many of them in the states. I'd be very curious if there's any chance it was the same bike.

My uncle bought it in the late 60's or early 70's and said it was too slow and heavy compared to the Japanese stuff that was starting to hit the market and stashed it in my grandparents garage. They ended up giving it away to a local handyman before asking my uncle or myself if we were interested in it back in the 90's. Wish we still had it.

Brad