Sign in to follow this  

100 Octane

Looking for a Union 76 Station in North County San Diego that might sell 100 octane from the pump. I know the 76 Station off La Paz in Orange County carries it. Muchas Gracias.

Big gas station just off 8 on Mollison in El Cajon has 110 pump gas. Its not north county but maybe closer than Orange County.

Big gas station just off 8 on Mollison in El Cajon has 110 pump gas. Its not north county but maybe closer than Orange County.

are you sure? i live in el cajon and have never seen 110 octane. can you be more specific on which station it is?

www.76.com then click on 76 site locator. Click on the state of California scroll down to the San Diego stores to find one in your area. Click on store number and it will display what is available at that location, race fuel is one of the options displayed.

Speaking of Octane. Excuse my ignorance. I've always heard/read/experienced that more important IN A CAR is consistant use of the same octane not higher octane. When it comes to these dirtbikes (I've got a WR250F) can you really notice a difference by running something higher? I use what ever the highest at the pump is today (premium-- 97?)-- would I notice a HUGE difference if I went out of my way to get and run a higher octane gas or is this something an amatuer like me shouldn't concern myself with?

High octane gas has no more energy than low octane gas.

When engines got to the point that they could run higher compression (about 1950), they experienced detonation, causing serious damage to the engine. So, octane boosting chemicals were added to make the gas burn slower and thereby prevent detonation in high compression engines. High octane gas burns slower than low octane gas.

That's it. High octane gas isn't more powerful, doesn't burn cleaner, doesn't give you better gas mileage and doesn't give you any more oomph. Larry