Sign in to follow this  

Too rich, too lean, or just right? (pic included)

Aside from the fact that everything except the plug is in focus in that photo, the only you can tell from that is whether you've got the right heat range.

Click http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=92818 to find out why. You can skim and just read Rich's posts

Hacksaw method works well enough without spending any dollars

It is a bad picture but it looks too lean.I am running a 170 main because of cold weather.You probally have the same or even colder.When temp gets colder go richer and warmer lean.Depending on what your stock jet is you could even go too 175.My stock was a 160.

Yeah, I have a pretty crappy camera. But everything looks all black...it's not too white in the middle 😢

The center ceramic is what you look at for mixture. Pure white is too lean, dark or black is too rich, a nice tan is just right. Yours looks OK.

Pulling a plug out of a bike after a ride doesn't tell you squat. Find a jetting article but the gist is with a new or clean plug, find a long preferrably uphill straight. Start, ride WOT up the section and kill the engine and clutch before you let off the throttle. Then read the plug. That's only good for main jets.

Mark Cantrell

For the tempature though I would go one richer pilot and main. It wont hurt anything and it will help the bike start better.