Sign in to follow this  

Anyone ever seen a yz85 with a TTR front end?

There is a 2002 YZ85 on ebay that looks like it has a TTR front end on it. id# 4501684607 I did a little research on the internet and could not find any models that came with the smaller shocks. The guy is not disclosing any modification of the bike at the writing of the post. I emailed him and he has not responded. I don't know why someone would want a smaller front end than the original YZ. Does anyone know of this bike or this mod?

There is no such thing. It might be an older YZ. Or he might have put older YZ forks on his bike. I dont know. Kind of stupid if you ask me... 😢 :cry: 😢

maybe he also has a ttr-125 he wanted yz forks on so he bought a yz cheep swapped the forks and is now trying to reclaim some of his expence by selling the old yz with the ttr's forks,hmmm sounds tricky

I just went and checked it out on ebay and it is now disclosed that it has ttr forks as it was set up for trail riding. I seriusly doubt anyone in there right mind believes ttr forks are better than yz forks and i stick to my theory

You won't say that after you try the yz front end!! It makes the ttr ride like a whole new machine.

im thinking about putting yz85 forks on my ttr-125l and i was wondering if it was hard to do this and if i would need to modify anything.

im thinking about putting yz85 forks on my ttr-125l and i was wondering if it was hard to do this and if i would need to modify anything.

there are a bunch of posts that cover this topic in great detail, i did my yz85 forks with the how to post by: DougWood

Thanks!!