Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Air Filter Recommendations

And here's yet another newbie question from me but hopefully it will help others as well...Sorry for all the questions but thank you for answering them for me:

Someone told me not to use a K&N air filter for dirt riding but I read that ANY aftermarket air filter is better than stock. To me, the "UNI" filter looks just like the stock one to me. Any recommendations and if there is a difference, can you shed some light into my dark little world (Okay, it's not that dark I guess)? 😢

uni, twin air, no toil, moose... they are all better than OEM and all cost $20-25. i recommend you buy 2 filters, then you have one in your bike and one clean and oiled waiting.

I've always used TwinAir and have had no problems. Just recently got a Uni (cause it was there) and was concerned that it seemed too coarse but it's working great so far. I totally agree with getting two. Cleaning and oiling filters is a pain. I wait until both of mine and both of my son's are dirty then do them all at once. Also don't put a freshly oiled filter in and ride immediately. You need to let it sit for awhile before riding.

Thanks for the advice. I just ordered a UNI for my kid's PW-80 and will order one for my DRZ. I appreciate all of the advice...thanks again. 😢

Why is the K&N filter bad for offroad riding?

Is there a way to mitigate it using a different oil?

Do you think this same problem plagues K&N truck air filters?

(assuming so since it's the same damn material!)

thanks in advance

Someone told me that you can put a "Sock" over it but then what is the point as it will be like any other foam filter I would guess. But this is coming from someone who thinks that the stock air filter looks just like a UNI filter. 😢