Sign in to follow this  

Need Carb Help FCR_Not Jetting though

Well... I don't think it's jetting.

Each time I am in a steep wheelie I have fuel pissing out the overflow tubes on my DRZ 400E. There is so much fuel coming out that it is coating the rear tire and making it slik. Does anyone know how a guy might stop this from happening in the future, apart from the obvious (not doing wheelies). Apparently the Keihin FCR39mm is a great carb but I just need to figure a way around this hickup. There was a sugestion on Supermotojunkies to put a catch can undernieth. That could work but if there's a way to prevent it to start with, I would opt for that.

Thanks in advance.

think about what your doing.your taking the carb and turning horizontal.

theres no trick or adjustment that will cure it.

i agree on the catch can.you will have to empty it often.

This is an untried idea so I will leave it up to you if you want to try it or not. When the carb is "out of position", the fuel valve does not shut off fuel flow as it should and/or the overflow high level stand tube is in the wrong position. Many carbs do not have a high fuel level drain at all. That does not mean fuel doesn't leak internally during a big long wheelie, just that you do not see the overflow. So, the suggestion is -- plug up the overflow drain tube or simply run it forward of the carb so the end is positioned above the fuel level in the carb during a vertical wheelie. It is the black hose. The bike may blubber a bit when you put it back down until the extra fuel burns off. How long do your wheelies last? You might get fuel into the air box and still get some drain off from there.

Oh, and the vent tubes can be moved as well if you are getting fuel out of them. Vents are the 4 yellow ones. I think you would have to be past vertical to get fuel from them. Don't plug the vents. They are needed for the motor to run. You can move them, just do not plug them.

Thanks Noble,

The wheelies are usualy a slow first gear wheelie that lasts a few minutes, the distances is rather short due to the low speed.

I will be trying all the options avialable to see which yeilds the best results.

Thanks for your feed back.