Sign in to follow this  

Replacing gears in z400 any suggestions

Hi,

I'm replacing the gears in my z400, if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it, also has anyone purchased the case splitter tool or the fly wheel puller? if so do you know where I can get them at a reasonable price (suzuki wants 150 for the splitter and 100 for the puller).

Thanks,

Dennis

I understand that Motion Pro sells a flywheel puller for around $50 to fit the DRX400. Most of the time you can get the cases apart with no "case splitter". A little tap tap with a soft hammer. If you are inventive you can make adapters to use an inexpensive steering wheel type puller. I does not take much pull at all to split the cases. I used a puller frame I made in high school shop class too many years ago to remember.

I put gears in my DRZ without a case splitter,or a flywheel puller,the case splits pretty easy if you just take your time,I left flywheel on and pulled case off on clutch side,not realy a big deal if you use a little commen sence and take your time...if $$$ not a problem the correct tools would be nice but are not totally necasary for splitting cases if its just a once in awhile thing,if I was doing it daily I would most likely have correct tools...

good luck 😢

I bought a complete used tranny,from a bike that greanaded the topend,if you only need 2 or 3 gears ronayers isnt to bad a price,check Kawi and suzuki both some stuff is cheaper from Kawi some is cheaper from suzi

Thats sweet...so you could like..make the first gear really low, and 5th really high?

Is it expensive?

Thats sweet...so you could like..make the first gear really low, and 5th really high?

Is it expensive?

no alternate gears.