Sign in to follow this  

Primary Drive Sprockets: Good Quality?

Anyone had any trouble with fitment on XR250 front sprocket with PD? The one I got from them appears that the two bolt holes are drilled slightly 'off', can't bolt it on.

It's close enough that I don't think it's for the wrong application . Can't find their web site to cross reference part #. The part # I got is 36113.

Does anyone know if that's correct for the 01 250?

Thanks

I had the same problem with mine. I just took a small file and slightly slotted the holes on the retainer plate. the sproket now has about 600 miles on it and shows no signs of wear.

I thought about doing that but if they just didn't set up their manufacturing jig properly that sucks.

Here's a quote from their package: "Manufactured to OEM specifications using high grade hardened steel.

Designed to match original equipment exactly for fit and size."

Anyone else have this experience also?

Both front and back fit on my 400 no problems. They look brand new, and they have probably 1000 miles on them.

I have not had a problem with Primary Drive. The rear on my 650 is starting to show some signs of wear but I got a lot of use out of it. You can't beat them for the money. This is the 2nd time I have heard of problems with fit but I have read a whole bucnh of positive feed back on TT. I have an Ironman front on the 650 and the splines on the retainer were cut to line up with the sprocket so there was nothing holding it on. I called Dirt Tricks and they said they got a bad batch and he sent me a new retainer. You'll probably come across problems with all of them from time to time. But PD is great for the money. 😢

Well, I bought PD because I had heard good things on TT about 'em. But, I probably wouldn't buy from them in the future unless I had no other choices. Seems like a company with poor quality control based on the responses in this thread. BTW, the rear sprocket and chain seem perfect (hey 2 out of 3 ain't bad?).