Sign in to follow this  

2005 valve check report!!!

All valves went to zero. 😢 Just kidding. Exhaust valves and intake valves were in spec at .011 for exhaust and .005 for intake. The feeler gauges were a tiny bit tight with a little friction. But I'm pleased to say my 2005 does not burn oil and does not have valve problems. I have about 25-30 hours on her. With about 7-10 oil and filter changes. 😢

Thats good to hear man. I picked mine up last week. Broke her in and then spent about 5 hours on the track today. I am going to check the valves tommorow after work. Hopefully I am dead on as well. 😢

I am using the PB header because I am an intermediate rider, I need a bit more bottom end than a pro. For me, it is wicked. It pulls hard all the way to the limiter, the bottom end is nasty and I can lug it a bit through a corner if I need and it will pull hard from a low RPM out of the corner. I couldn't ask for more.

Just finished mine. My intake valves were at,005 and my exhaust were at .010. The exhaust was not dead on but I will check it again in 10 hours. Right now she has 5 and the mods are in my sig. Intermediate rider and I beat the crap out of it for all she is worth.

In all actuality, the exhaust may be dead on at .011 but I don't have that gauge. Mine skips to .012 from .010. The 010 is a bit snug and the .012 is a bit tight but the manual offers no amount of force required to get the feeler in.

So far I am happy with it by far. I will post another thread in about 3 weeks when I hit 25 hours.