Sign in to follow this  

a question for all you tall guys

i just got my 05 this weekend and I am very happy with it, but I feel that the handlebars are too close. Maybe I am not used to it yet? I am 6 foot 1 and weight 205 pounds without gear. I am hopping to fix this problem on the cheap seeing as I spent most my money buying the bike. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

get a set of jimmy button bars.. im 6'2 and they make it feel a lot better than the stock setup.

I am 6'3", I used those before going to my Flexx bars...very god bars for tall guys!

I now run a tall SDG seat, that alone is a very good mod, and with the Fasstco Flexx bars rotated a bit forward, I have plenty of room in the pilot's seat....

I feel no need to lower the pegs, I already have issues with hitting my feet in rutted corners while standing or riding deep rutty tracks...lower pegs than stock and I would be in trouble!

im just under 6'5" and i run pro taper CR double high bars, stock seat and stock pegs. my height has never seemed a problem for me.. but then maybe i just dont know any better and should try some mods...

i,m 6'3 also, I run SDG tall seat and renthal "double high Fat bars" they are 114'mm tall. There the tallest bars ive seen and they work great for me. Look on renthals website and go to "fat bars" and you will see the specs on them, they are very high bars

Bar's will be the cheapest way to go, then a seat and lastly new clamps.

I put a BRP upper clamp with the highest bar mount on mine and it made a world of difference. I'm 6'4".

full_2293_p24157.jpg

I think they are 10mm higher and 9mm forward.

I had the same problem...three easy fixes:

1) Billet racing products offset bar mounts - 3mm forward and 10mm higher.

2) Tall seat.

3) Lowboy pegs.

PS- throw a set of fasstco flex bars (12 degree bend) on there for good measure. They are very easy to adjust and feel like the best bend I have ridden.

I'm 6'3". My personal nervona is Tag Trojan mounts($40), Pro Tapper CR-HI bend and Fastway LoBoy pegs.

I had the Button bars on 99 YZ250. They are taller but I didn't care for the bend (sweep) that much. I think Tag has some 7/8 bars in a CR double Hi that aren't that expensive, you could try a set on those. 😢

I'm just a shade over 6 ft tall (183 cm) and I did this:

Installed RC extra tall bars. That was it.

I would not go with a tall saddle for trail riding but maybe for motocross tracks.

I can't consider lowering the pegs - I hit boots on obstacles already.

If you are considering a steering stabilizer, Scotts said they were coming out with an under-the-bars one that raises the bars. They seem to have one for KTMs, check out their new products section.

There are other stabilizers that go under the bars I think.

Just my opinion.

+sean

I have an 05 CRF and I'm 6'3". I transfered my Fastway 'lowboys' from my 02 CRF. I also rotated my handle bars little bit forward. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to transfer my SDG tall seat from my 02 (doesn't fit), but I plan on getting one for my 05 soon. These mods add up to create a much roomier bike.

On a side note - the stock 05 had better ergonomics for me than the 02 did despite feeling like a smaller bike.