a question for all you tall guys

i just got my 05 this weekend and I am very happy with it, but I feel that the handlebars are too close. Maybe I am not used to it yet? I am 6 foot 1 and weight 205 pounds without gear. I am hopping to fix this problem on the cheap seeing as I spent most my money buying the bike. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

get a set of jimmy button bars.. im 6'2 and they make it feel a lot better than the stock setup.

I am 6'3", I used those before going to my Flexx bars...very god bars for tall guys!

I now run a tall SDG seat, that alone is a very good mod, and with the Fasstco Flexx bars rotated a bit forward, I have plenty of room in the pilot's seat....

I feel no need to lower the pegs, I already have issues with hitting my feet in rutted corners while standing or riding deep rutty tracks...lower pegs than stock and I would be in trouble!

Bar's will be the cheapest way to go, then a seat and lastly new clamps.

I put a BRP upper clamp with the highest bar mount on mine and it made a world of difference. I'm 6'4".

full_2293_p24157.jpg

I think they are 10mm higher and 9mm forward.

I'm 6'3". My personal nervona is Tag Trojan mounts($40), Pro Tapper CR-HI bend and Fastway LoBoy pegs.

I had the Button bars on 99 YZ250. They are taller but I didn't care for the bend (sweep) that much. I think Tag has some 7/8 bars in a CR double Hi that aren't that expensive, you could try a set on those. ?

I'm just a shade over 6 ft tall (183 cm) and I did this:

Installed RC extra tall bars. That was it.

I would not go with a tall saddle for trail riding but maybe for motocross tracks.

I can't consider lowering the pegs - I hit boots on obstacles already.

If you are considering a steering stabilizer, Scotts said they were coming out with an under-the-bars one that raises the bars. They seem to have one for KTMs, check out their new products section.

There are other stabilizers that go under the bars I think.

Just my opinion.

+sean

I have an 05 CRF and I'm 6'3". I transfered my Fastway 'lowboys' from my 02 CRF. I also rotated my handle bars little bit forward. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to transfer my SDG tall seat from my 02 (doesn't fit), but I plan on getting one for my 05 soon. These mods add up to create a much roomier bike.

On a side note - the stock 05 had better ergonomics for me than the 02 did despite feeling like a smaller bike.