Sign in to follow this  

20mm offset clamps on 05 CRF250

Has anyone tried 20mm offset triple clamps on a 2005 CRF250R?

Motorcross Action recommends 22mm Offset clamps but the Protaper rubber mounted clamps only come in a 20mm offset.

If you put 20mm clamps on a 05 it will be like having 18mm because of the 2 mm whell movement that honda did. I put on a set of 22mm applied factory clamps. They come rubber mounted and you can get the top and bottoms through motosport outlet for $279.00 and they also come with a one piece top bar clamp to help prevent the twist syndrome , and they also have different anodized colors.And with all that said having 20mm of offset helps the bike greatly. 😢

Get the Tag Matrix 22mm. I got mine from TT store (best price). The Matrix was cheaper and came with the stem prepressed, just bolted up and was good to go. 😢

The applied factory clamps are a great product.If you do get those ones,get the applied rubber cones too. Seemed to make a difference when I changed mine stock ones out and put in the applied cones.

at bto sports the applied clamps are cheap. But what about the stem and bearing. Do u get them pressed out of the old clamp and pressed into the new one. Get back to me thanks. Im going 20mm offset for my 04 crf250. 05 u want 22mm

Yes, on the applied you press the old stem and bearing out of your stock clamps. Dont forget to repack the bearing while its off before reinstalling it. I took me about 15 minutes to do mine.