Sign in to follow this  

Personal chit chat....things going on in my life....

Well I am just talking out of my a55 fellas....to my online friends and family here on TT...

I went jogging yesterday for the first try since over a month ago that nearly killed me..the leg hurt baaaaad! It went alot better yesterday, while I had some minor leg pain, it was nothing that stopped me from jogging, my cardio fitness was so bad that I was ale to manage about 50 yards shy of a full mile before I had to fast walk. I went ahead and did another .5 mile just to keeep the heart pumping and blood flowing. Great though, that I now know I can start back training a bit harder. The whole bicycle thing is fun, but it just does not give me the high impact workout that running/jogging does.

Anyway, I got my engine all back together today using RHC's new valve springs. I installed a new valve on the spring that broke (right intake) just to be sure. I also installed new stem seals since it was all apart. The old springs were definitely worn out! They were over an 1/8" shorter than the new springs and looked to be a slightly smaller OD wire...is that right Ron? Might have been my eyes though... I checked the piston out and everything looks good to go. It is all back together and I expect my CHM SM1 pipe to be here this week. I am going to also install my new subtanks the same night I do the pipe. I have the position all finalized, all I have to do is drill and tap the fittings. They look great! Can't wai to ride the bike again!

My new daughter, just over 2 weeks old, is doing great. Eating like a horse and shee looks like she has gained a pound since birth! She can already roll herself over from the back to the stomach, and is damn near holding her own bottle already while feeding! She holds her head up very good as well, she is going to be a tomboy I can tell... 😢 Very strong and demanding! Heheh..

Thanks for letting me rant and rave! Have fun and a good night to all...😢

Okay rapture, now that your on the mend, got a great kid (if she's drinking that mean's she's also pooping 😢) in your life, its time to change the avatar pic. You've had your bad break in life so now lets move forward, CHANGE the pic.

If you aren't in PT (physical therapy) I suggest you try it. You don't know what pain is tell you let them sucka's have their way with ya.

Its good your attitude is up and I look forward to the first ride post!!!

Don 😢

Congrats on the new progeny.Would love to be there when the first date shows up. 😢 Like I said before you are one hard mofo and good luck with the comeback.I'm looking forward to the race report from the first race.Just finish the damn thing,right? 😢

rolling over, holding head up, and holding her own bottle at 2wks? damn...bet she walks at 6 months! 😢 the things you listed usually dont happen until at least 2-3 mopnths. post some new pics of her...and your bike. going with the black plastic yet? if you dont want to use it give it back and i will put it on the 250.

i havent been on the boards in a while rapture, and its great to see your doing well. get a road bike man, you will get hella cardio fitness, and be able to regain leg strength without the massive pressure on your bones. you will be well off on a road bike, you can find a nice road bike for 500-700 dollars, or even cheaper, just look around go to a bike shop and get sized. it will get you in great shape, and will regain muscle mass in your legs. you will be riding in no time.

-rOOster-

How's your son's arm doing?

When is your return date to full fledged riding? Sounds like your on the road now to gettin' mo betta...

Good to see you up and about. I fully agree with either a road bike or some roller spinners (or both so you can use the road bike indoors)

Nothing more fun than 'crashing off the rollers' when you get tired. It will be less stress on the leg (rolling, not crashing).

Congrats on the new 05 addition to the family.

Oh yeah, got my new 05 YZ250. Already modified and crashed numerous times. New 05 CRF450 in next shop order. Them bastards already raised the price. I hope it is worth it since my 04 is modified and barely used

Later,

James "MX DOC"

Good to see you up and about. I fully agree with either a road bike or some roller spinners (or both so you can use the road bike indoors)

Nothing more fun than 'crashing off the rollers' when you get tired. It will be less stress on the leg (rolling, not crashing).

Congrats on the new 05 addition to the family.

Oh yeah, got my new 05 YZ250. Already modified and crashed numerous times. New 05 CRF450 in next shop order. Them bastards already raised the price. I hope it is worth it since my 04 is modified and barely used

Later,

James "MX DOC"

hey doc,

nice not to have to live on a residents salary eh? i am interviewing for spots now. dallas, scott&white, LSU, Fla, Ga, SC, NC, etc...hoping to end up in dallas. will let you know how it goes. buddy of mine just finished his residency and got a job in abilene making $405k! 😢 4 shifts a weeks! 😢 cant beat EM!!!

buddy of mine just finished his residency and got a job in abilene making $405k! 😢 4 shifts a weeks! 😢 cant beat EM!!!

DADDY!!!!! THANK GOODNESS I FOUND YOU!!!! 😢

buddy of mine just finished his residency and got a job in abilene making $405k! 😢 4 shifts a weeks! 😢 cant beat EM!!!

i still have 3 more years! 😢

i still have 3 more years! 😢

Close enough for me!!! 😢

^ im aiming to go to college to become an anesthesiologist.... it will be super tight when i finish everything...but i got alot of stuff to worry about, only a junior in highschool. keep us updated rapture.

-rOOster-

^ im aiming to go to college to become an anesthesiologist.... it will be super tight when i finish everything...but i got alot of stuff to worry about, only a junior in highschool. keep us updated rapture.

-rOOster-

hmmm...one more year of HS, 4 yrs college, 4yrs medical school, and 4 yrs residency for anesthesia! hope you are a long winded individual! keep the GPA up. especially in college and bust a$$ on the MCAT. good luck. anesthesiologists have a very nice lifestyle!

The freebies wouldnt be too bad either! 😢 :cry: His toolbox would be worth looking in to after a crash. 😢 :cry: