Sign in to follow this  

gps software

i have the garmin 76cs. which is the best masource or other sotware available with the most maps for the so. cal. riding areas. i have the 24k western national parks and it does'nt have many parks in it for socal. any hekp would be appreciated 😢

I also have a 76cs. I have the Garmin Topo software which I like. However, it can get a bit busy on the screen with all the information on there. (elevation lines...etc..etc). The other software I have is the Garmin "Roads and Recreation". I'm a bit more fond of it than the Topo. It has all the forest service roads, with the numbers (unlike the Topo)It also has way more street and highway information than the Topo.

I find myself using it more than the Topo. The nice thing about the 76cs is, you can turn the maps on and off by map family (as long as you have the latest software update for the unit). The Topo has priority over the Basemap and the R&R has priority over both.

Just my experience,

Keith

Roads & Rec, it has all the roads and trails. I only use Topo when I am walking cross country and need to know if I am in the right canyon or ridge.