Sign in to follow this  

New Thumperette !!!!!!!!!!

well after 3 years of trying to find a fixer upper for my 8 year old daughter I finally found something...

Today was her 1st day to ride her bike,her gear and the looks of bike need some improvement so dont bother with the comments,I was planning on spending winter getting bike in tip top shape and decent gear gathered up, but we had great weather this weekend,and they are calling for snow wednesday and I figgured this might be her only chance to ride untill spring so I got bike running pretty well and brakes working like they should and let her try it out,the girl has no fear :jawdrop:scairs me to death.I tought her how to shift into 1st from nuetral and that is enough speed for now she doesnt need to know that there is 4 more gears yet 😢

here is a couple pics

1st pic is last weekend when I brought bike home

0006.jpg

2nd pic is today when she rode her bike 😢SVI_0001.jpg

Ah, the memories of the first motorcycle will remain in her head for many years to come. I see a big grin inside that helmet, as there will be many more days to come! 😢

My son went for his first ride today too. He is 10 and I bought him a 00' XR 100. It was a great day, all he did was 1st gear. Next time I will teach him how to shift. I'm a very proud parent! I just don't know how to post pics..... 😢

Cute and fearless, you have got your work cut out for you in the future. 😢 That is so awesome. My brother-inlaw finally found a PW80 for my 8 year old newphew last year that he could afford. My little nephew is hooked. He wants to go every weekend. Have fun watching you little girl ride. I swear these kids are amazing. They learn so quick. I wish I did. 😢

What a great look on her face and the pose (all warm inside) says it all. She is happy, content and the proud new owner of her very own dirtbike. 😢 Looks like the young lady next to her might be a bit envious. 😢

Does she go sit on it often? My daughter sat on hers alot at first. After washing the bike a few times the love affair cooled down alittle. She still loves her XR100 and rides better than both her brother and myself. 😢

Congratulations!!!

I remember the trip home with my daughter's first dirtbike. It was an LEM LX2 and she was 5 yo. She sat in the truck & stared at it with a big smile on her face the whole way home!

1980 DS80 - does it have a clutch? My daughter moved from the LEM to the old 1974MR50 my nephew (now 18) learned on after one season (clutch & all). Now she's doing the double, clearing table tops and pushing the boys in the 60cc Class and the women on 125's & 230's in the Women's Class on her KX60.

The first time she passed one of the boys in a corner brought tears to my eyes!

Looks like the young lady next to her might be a bit envious. 😢

Does she go sit on it often?

:

The young lady beside her is actualy my 13 year old son :lol:he thinks his hair bothers me he dont relise I grew up in the 70,s he has a long way to go to catch up with the hair I used to have 😢 :lol:I hated my long hair but my dad hated it even more 😢

She realy hasnt had much of a chance to sit on her bike but she is always sitting on my DRZ..

This pic is just a couple days after the DRZ followed me home she looks like a serious hillbilly no front teeth,barefoot, hair going every which way,and bruses all over her feet and legs 😢DSC00129.jpg

Congratulations!!!

I remember the trip home with my daughter's first dirtbike. It was an LEM LX2 and she was 5 yo. She sat in the truck & stared at it with a big smile on her face the whole way home!

1980 DS80 - does it have a clutch?

The first time she passed one of the boys in a corner brought tears to my eyes!

When I brought home my sons bike,I hauled him out to a pasture to ride and he stared at his bike the entire way,he kept asking if bike was going to fall out of pickup,he was realy into riding for a couple years then just lost interest this summer,I think girls are his #1 priority now 😢

Yes it has a clutch and 5 speed tranny,I help her pull in clutch then she shifts to 1st and together we let out clutch and away she goes,to stop she mashes on back break and kills bike,she is real stubbern and bullheaded so I am sure she'll be pulling and leting off clutch all by herself real soon..

about 3 weeks ago 4 of us over the hill gang did a factory dual sport MX race at a local track,for practice laps they sent us out with 9-10 year olds riding on I think it was 80's,when I was rolling a nice double I heard a ring ding ding and looked up some little snot nosed kid was flying a good 15 ft over my head :thumbsup:my dream is to hear that ring ding ding over my head and see that long blond hair flying in the breeze as she jumps over my head then roosts me 😢

Sorry about the mixup. 😢 I have some old pictures as well that surprised the kids. Beard and hair down to my shoulder blades. 😢

Get him some free weights and start lifting with him. 😢

I think your daughter and my daughter are natural Tom Boys. Heather plays soccer and the other parents are surprised about how she mixes it up with the boys both on the field and playing rough off the field. Heather (13 yrs old) also lifts weights with an older group of teenage boys (14-16) and one young lady (20) that I have over to my home twice a week. We workout in a nice shop that I built.

I see that the DT has buddy pegs. Do you take your son riding with you?

Good looking boy. Mine was good looking but he going through a punk stage now 😢 wearing baggy pants with a long chain and wallet attached. If his hair was any shorter he would be a skin head. And get this, the nearest city is 80 miles away. 😢