Sign in to follow this  

Some Invert fork questions on CRF230

Hey guys, I found a set of complete 1999 CR80 Forks with triples clamps, fork guards w\brakeline routers, wheel spacers a front brake caliper. Does $350 sound like a good deal on this stuff? Also the Forks have just been serviced and rebuilt with new seals.

Im planning to do the fork conversion on my CRF230 and i was wondering will these even fit my bike, what other things will I need to mount these, will i need the CR80 tire and brakes, (he has these too but hes selling seperate)Will there be any major problems in putting these on? Where can i get mounting parts for the forks? Will I have to move my rev box/ignition key and other things on the forks?

Detailed Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

-Ryan

The first problem you may encounter is mounting your front wheel. I dont think it will bolt on directly without some modifications. (although it might!) The steering stem may need to be modified to fit correctly in the frame as well. Another area of concern may be trying to run a 21" wheel in a fork designed for a 19". There may be clearance issues here as well. The only way to know is to hopefully find out from some knowledgeable soul here, or to start fitting things up and find out for yourself. Good luck !!

You'll have to pick up a CR85 wheel or you'll have to call Reger Enginneering to pick up a billet brake bracket to make your CRF brake to work. You also might want to have your CR85 steering stem pressed out to be 1/4" longer.

If you like, check out my link. I might have answer a few of these question. I can't remember.

http://toneconsultant.tripod.com