Sign in to follow this  

Yo aspencop, got a ? for ya

Last winter we went out to southern Utah for a few months. Hit the mountains coming outta Denver just after a big snow and almost didn't make it over with my trailer. This winter we're heading to Reno. Is it easier to cross if we take I80 west? Coming outta northern Missouri so either way doesn't add enough distance to matter.

I80 heads across southern Wyoming, and will end up in Salt Lake City. I've been across there in the winter, and it's not fit for man nor beast! 😢

I would take I70, come through Denver and across, and just hope that you don't come when it is actively snowing 😢. Then, you'll pass through Glenwood Springs, you can pick me up and take me with you to Moab!!!! 😢 :cry:

OOpppps, if I'd keep reading, I'd see you're going to Reno. Logistically, yes I80 makes sence, but you really need to watch the weather, Wyoming is desolate country, and there are several million 18 wheelers on that road. Can be ok, and can be windy, cold, and dangerous. Let me know, I still like my Moab idea 😢

Thanks aspencop 😢 That vertical wall on I70 heading west outta Denver last winter made me just a tad nervous 😢 I spun like the whole last mile and thought for sure I was gonna slide all the way back down to the bottom 😢 Guess if it's snowing this time I'll bum a bed from burned 😢 I can drop you off in Moab no problem🤣 Now you just gotta find someone heading back the other way to give a lift back 😢

go for I80.. the grades arent as bad as I70, iirc.

Pulled a trailer from NC to CA last december and drove

non-stop.. hit the big pass on I70 at like 4am in

a gnarly storm, but slow and steady and it's all good.