Sign in to follow this  

New YZ250F is in!

Just picked up a new '05 YZ last week! Sorry no ride report yet, it's currently torn down for modifications and bearing maintenance. Hopefully within a week from now it will be ready to go.

This bike will be setup for the woods. Among the highlights of mods: 50 tooth rear sprocket, scotts damper, GYTR triples clamp, tall bar mounts, TAG T5's, triple clamp mounted guards, guts racing seat foam, S12 tires, SS brake lines, hour meter, radiator guards, magnetic drain plug, scotts SS oil filter, and kouba fuel screw,

I haven't even started it yet!!!! Damn, I must be sick!

If your going to get tripple clamps look into the rubber mounted ones they do reduce vibration and rider fatigue and numb fingers.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually getting the GYTR billet clamps. These allow the bar position to be either back, stock, and two forward positions for better ergo fitment. I have long arms and am tall and feel the forward position may help with posture/attack position (judging from how my WR400 felt). Also, I *really* want to use triple clamp mounted handguards, and this combo was the easy setup to do this with (bolt patterns and location are the same as stock)

No question other clamps with rubber mounting will likely reduce vibration. But Pro-grip gel grips *should* remove most of the unwanted vibration. At least this is my experience with other dirt and street bikes over the years. We'll see what happens.

Regardless, this bike is going to be FUN!!!!

On another note, I ordered the scotts lower triple clamp mount kit to get the damper off the bars. I'll let you all know how this works out.