Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Wanna Trade an S Model for my Buddies Kick Model?

Wooo thats a big leap. The kicker is a better bike he should first see if he can play the system.

I will be registering my new KLX400R in a different state as street legal then transfering it back to CA after a few months. It should then by default get a CA plate.

So ask your friend if he has relatives in a different state so he has an address of residence he can use and register elsewhere. I think that is the best shot of working the system. 😢 :cry:

It aint gonna work unless you get lucky or know someone at the DMV. My brother has a house in AZ we could use, but they will need to see an emissions sticker that comes on streetbikes (or the KTM 625SXC or GAS GAS 450's). Your bike and his bike don't have em. Some people have gotten by on luck at the DMV. We have looked into that option, but it seems like it might be easier and less hassle to get a plated bike used and lighten it back up again. Plus it's a good excuse to justify putting on upside down forks since the older S models have crummy forks. Good luck with your bike.You might end up just having to keep your bike registered out of state and take your chances with the cops. Post up the results of your conversion when you finish the process.

Well thanks for the heads up I will carefully look into the process. Worst comes to worst maybe I can carefully pull the sticker off the frame of my S and stick it on my KLX400R. 😢