Sign in to follow this  

the warranty issue on the te 510 is sorted

i posted on saturday the problems i had with the new 510 .

the crank case had spilt . i took the bike over to the dealer this morning for him to inspect . he took off the case side to have a look at the damage apparently it happened when the engine spit back on start up

it spit back with enough force it sheared the kick start stop cracking the cases . so he rang husky sport which is our importer in the uk they said give him a new bike so i pick it up on thursday . they are going to alter the kick start workings before they let it out of the shop also my lad had the 510 at the same time he as got to take it in and have this mod done is any body aware of this happening on the 510 before i shall get to no a bit more when i pick up the bike he is going to show me the damaged part

Sounds like it had the old kickstart fitted. This was a recall earlier in the year and the new parts make the kickstart work far better.

I hear ya on the better fit. I just switched to the new parts the other day. The idler gear is now returned by the positive force of the spring. When you release tension on the kickstarter, on the upstroke, it snaps back into its home postition. Before it would hang out on the engine gear, thats why the lever returned so sluggish on the old style. If the gears stayed together and the engine rotated backwards, IE BACKFIRE, !!BOOM!! goes the case. 😢

Been There Dude

thanks for your help guys ive one more question on the subject when did husky do a recall on the kickstart issue i am wondering why it wasnt done on ours before we bought them

regards

picked the new bike up today before i picked it up the dealer took the old kick start assembly out and installed the mod and shown me the problem . i must say its one hell of a ride cant wait till shes broke in