Sign in to follow this  

XR250 Carb float ?

What should the float drop be set at? where do you meassure the float height at the tips or by the needle? Thanks

I don't know what the 250s settings are. They might be the same as the 400, I don't know. If no one chimes in with the answer, I'll send you the manual page with the procedure of how to set them for the 400. That, at least, should be the same for the 250. PM me with your email address.

I have a Clymer manual but it doesn't say anything for float drop, or where to measure float height.

When the float is closed it angled upward.

Thanks

I double checked the manual and could find nothing on float drop so I set it to the XR400 specs, it was way off the tab was bent back over to the float hing. I also set the height to .49mm it calls for in the book. Thanks

I thought you said you could find nothing in the book. Where did you get that .49mm figure? .49 is just under 1/2 a mm. That doesn't sound right at all, for any height. Even if you meant 49mm, that would be way too extreme.

I double checked the manual and could find nothing on float drop so I set it to the XR400 specs, it was way off the tab was bent back over to the float hing. I also set the height to .49mm it calls for in the book. Thanks

There was nothing in the book about float drop.

The float height from the book was .49in I think I would have to look again. Any how that what I set it to. Before the float was angled upward when the needle was closed.

.490 in with the float valve just closed. Measure in the middle inline with the pilot jet (big jet in the middle) I just did it last week. Bend the tab that holds the spring to get your measurment. Mine was way off.

----------------------

2000 xr250r uncorked, uni filter, ground header welds, fmf exhaust