Sign in to follow this  

Not Working on Veterans Day - Wanna ride Taneum?

This Thursday I plan to ride Taneum. The lower trails are still good. Jay and I put in 45 miles this last Saturday. We got stopped trying to go up Peaches cause the snow on the trail had melted and then froze again which created a layer of slick slush underneath the crunchy top. We made it a little more than 2/3rds up Peaches. I think we could have made it all the way but Jay felt is sounded too much like work. It was a cool ride, the Temperature at the Junction parking lot must of been in the 30s but up high it was in the mid 50s. Really strange weather, at the end of the ride as we dropped down in elevation to the Junction it got colder.

😢

I'm in as long as you dont mind ridng with a little kid on a smoker.... 😢 . Never been to tanuem... where is it located?

Smokers are no big deal to me, I own one too. Taneum is in Eastern Wa. Just about 15 miles outside of Ellensberg.

nick,is the trail&weather condition worth me taking the day off to come over and play?

cause tory has the day off,and maybe cody also.

Pat, so far the trails are really good. The weather has been in the 50s during the day and sunny. I will update you today and tomorrow. I suppose anything is possible but last weather report said nothing is going to change this week.

I drove to Ellensberg and back yesterday. The weather was perfect! It was sunny, no clouds, and 50 degrees. There was a light dusting of snow on the top of some peaks, nothing to be concerned about. We saw deer and elk all over the place. If no rain rolls in to Western Washington on Wednesday, it will be perfect weather on Thursday for sure! I would love to join you Nick, but I'm nursing a leg injury and I don't want to make it worse before I go to Hawaii this weekend. Have a great ride guys!

Well, I see rain possible for the weekend, so maybe I could get a dry ride in on Thursday with you guys. Would you mind riding some of the more technical trails? Pure distance and fast riding on easy trails is possible on my bike but not the most fun.

Well, I see rain possible for the weekend, so maybe I could get a dry ride in on Thursday with you guys. Would you mind riding some of the more technical trails? Pure distance and fast riding on easy trails is possible on my bike but not the most fun.

Some of the lower trail do offer some fun spots technically speaking but not near what some of the higher up trails offer. We would certainly try to put in as much technical sections as possible. Mostly this time of year we go at a leisurely pace and just enjoy riding winter in the woods. There is one section up Lightning (1277.2) that I have never seen anyone climb due to its technical difficulty. There is your challenge.

According to the Pass Snow Reports there is nothing to worry about this week. The Freezing level on Wed nite is 9000 feet and on Thursday it's 10,000 feet. I think we can safely say the trails will be ridable on Thursday.

What time? Which campground you starting from? That is off the Elk Hts exit off 90, right? Always wanted to ride Tanuem

Ok guys, 9:00 to 9:30 we can meet. Plan on hitting the trail at 10:00. Taneum Junction is the spot in the furthest back parking lot as usual.

Directions from Seattle or Woodinville. Russ could you tell Joe (flyred) how you get to the Junction?

What a great time I had today. Wish I could remember all the names to put to the faces....

I DO remember 2 names.. one was easy cause it's also my name. 😢 But hats off to Pat and Curtis for following me down what we THOUGHT was the trail down Lightning.. Normally I like cross country riding... But THAT wasn't "riding" I'll have to go back and see the REAL Lightning Trail some day... Now to treat the scratches on my arms.. 😢😢

I know what trail you are talking about! I rode it earlier this summer! Is it towards the top, not far from where it connects to 1326 and the fire road? You take off and it's fun for a while, some rocky spots here and there, some fairly steep downhills, then there's a downed log and suddenly you are going down a nasty, steep, overgrown, loose shale trail?

I remember that. I am probably scarred for life.

that was a crazy trail,not to proud to admit I had to bulldog my bike down part of a section.what an adventure.

anyway that was a very fun day.

thanks Joe,Russ,Curt,Jay,Nick,Curt,Tory and Matt

Had a great time today. It was very impressive and entertaining to watch Curt on his trials bike.I really admire Pat for trying to duplicate Curt going over the fallen tree on Nicks 300lb 650. That was a courageous move followed by a very impressive dismount and double roll into the mud.Look forward to riding with you guys again. Russ

I had an excellent time too. that goat trail we went down was something else. and the culvert to boot. thanks for the great ride guys also thank for letting me ride your trials bike curt it was a different world thats for sure.

It was a great ride. Perfect weather although cold. The log hop by 2ply was impressive. When will the pics get posted?

I topped up the gas on the Husky and found I had 3/10th of a gallon left. No wonder it kept qutting on the downhills.