Sign in to follow this  

Good Suspension Tech in Baltimore Area?

CDR in Laurel. Talk to Pat - 410-540-9112. They've done suspension for me and several of my friends, as well as some engine work for me. 😢

Darryl

CDR in Laurel. Talk to Pat - 410-540-9112. They've done suspension for me and several of my friends, as well as some engine work for me. 😢

Darryl

What is "CDR"? Also, are they able to do ANY kind of work, both suspension and engine, I might want on a new DRZ400SM? If I have a place nearby for mods, I might get one this winter.

What kind of engine work did they do for you? All the stuff you list for the yz250f?

And, lastly, does anyone know of a place NORTH of Balto. to get similar work done?

Thanks,

Art

I've heard nothing but good things about Bumpstiks:

2450 JOHNSON RD. HUNTINGTON, MD 20639. (410)535-0625

not sure if that's near Balto or not...but worth the drive from VA for sure.

CDR stands for Coleman Dynamics, Inc. - don't ask me what the "R" stands for.. I'm reading it off their business card.

😢

anyways, i had them respring and revalve my YZ250 last year and they did an outstanding job. pretty soon i'll be having my 450's suspension done.. i'd have no worries going back to them, but i may try bumpsticks out. in this area, it seems to be split 50/50 between CDR and bumpsticks.

hey art, i'm in parkville too (actually on the line to towson, glen keith & loch raven blvd) - howdy neighbor! 😢

hey art, i'm in parkville too (actually on the line to towson, glen keith & loch raven blvd) - howdy neighbor! 😢

Hi neighbor -- you are close, all right....

I'm right up the street, just off intersection of Loch Raven and Putty Hill -- I keep my bikes in a mini-storage off Belair Rd near the beltway, about 10 minutes away.

Right now I have a 2004 Sportster with full-house mods. (hits rev-limiter at 160 mph) for when I'm looking for trouble (sorta), and a bone-stock 2004 Yamaha XT225 for my occasional dual-sport ride. Too bad it's so hard to find places between here and Conowingo to ride the XT -- especially any place that isn't under several feet of MUD! The past two years have been terrible rain-wise. As if you didn't know....lol.

Been thru a bunch of thumpers in last 3 years, trying to find the "one", so I lurk here reading what's going on.

I sent you a short PM.

Art

I've heard nothing but good things about Bumpstiks:

2450 JOHNSON RD. HUNTINGTON, MD 20639. (410)535-0625

not sure if that's near Balto or not...but worth the drive from VA for sure.

I have also heard very good things about Bumpstiks. I haven't had suspension work there, but I did have him rebuild my son's KX65 and he did a great job. It is a small shop by design so he can keep on top of the work being done himself.

If you are looking for Suspension work CDR is the place. The are very good at everything but they specialize in Suspension. You have to talk to Pat.. He raced Motocross for a long time. Know's what he is doing..

SpottedMarley - What did it cost to revalve and respring your bike? I want to have my 450 done...

i think it was somewhere around $415

basically, the way their prices go, and rememebr this was over a year ago:

$99 each end = tear down, clean and inspect, refill and setup for your weight/skill (this alone is well worth the money)

anything else you want only adds parts cost. if you want new springs and valves it will be $99 each end + springs + valves

their prices may have risen in the last year, so call and find out.

😢

Has anyone ever had there suspension revalved by CDR or Bumpstiks, just wondering if u liked it, how it was, im thinking about getting my suspension done, and wondering were i should go, Bumpstick or CDR. Thanks

I had bumpsticks do mine in 97 and I can say without a doubt it wouldn't hold a candle to what Pro-Action has done for me since. The owner of bumbsticks didn't want to help when I would call after receiving them to help tune it one way or another. There were three of us that sent him our suspension on the advice of a Tucker Rocky rep. Needless to say none of us has ever considered them again.

hey guys i live right around the area and i want my bike suspension done there about how much did it cost my friend walter reaces mx and said it was like 5 bones (500)

Fastmann Racing

randy@fastmann.com

I have been racing for 20 years. Held MX pro license in 01 and 04. I am now racing AA in Harescrambles in Enduros. As long as I have a 4 Stroke I will never go anywhere else for motor work. He was able to build me a head for a Honda 250R that went through a year of 5 hour enduros and 2 hour harescrambes races without a single valve adjustment. I also just installed a big bore stroker in the same bike using all the parts recommended and tested by Fastmann and could not be happier with the outcome.

I have not had suspension work done by Randy but a reliable friend of mine did and said it was the best invesment he made.

Check out the website, he does alot more than bolting on some aftermarket parts and calling it a custom job.

KPS is in North Jersey, I haven't run their stuff but I've heard good things and the Kesslers are good people.

I use Active-Ride, they are in Florida, which would be 2days ups for you. They just entered a technical partnership with Enzo and have by far made my bike the best bike I have ever owned. www.active-ride.com

I go to school up in towson, so I'm right around that area. I'm happy with my front end, but not rear. How far of a drive was it out to CDR. I think I'm in for a new spring and valve.

I go to school up in towson, so I'm right around that area. I'm happy with my front end, but not rear. How far of a drive was it out to CDR. I think I'm in for a new spring and valve.

Its in the Elkridge, Jessup area. Just south of RT 100 on RT 1 on the left.

Bumpstiks has done every bike I have owned since 2000. Bud knows what he is doing and will get it right the first time. The important thing is that you are honest about your weight and ability. I have seen him put people on the scale in his shop right on the spot. I can't tell you how many times his suspension has saved my butt. Any one that asks me about suspension I send them straight to Bud. He is on Johnson road in Huntingtown Maryland about an hour from Balto. His number is 410-535-0625, you can tell him I sent you. Andy #38 👍

Brandondadbigtable.jpg

Tom___Andy.jpg