Sign in to follow this  

Pigs Really Can Fly - Riding Video

Here's a new video that I took 2 weeks ago at Rampart Range. My buddy in front of me is 5'7" and 150 lbs. and he can really fly on his Pig (BRP). It starts on the powerline trail which for those of you who don't know, follow's the powerline up and down over the mountains.

It was very dusty so I try to stay right on him so I can see the terrain. When I got a little behind, I really started to get beat up and it's very tough to see the whoops, roots, rocks, etc.

At the end, I eat it pretty good into a tree so enjoy.

It's 58 meg so Right click on the link and "Save Target As"

Pigs Really Do Fly

Thanks Squidward for hosting the video. 😢

Thanks for the great video!! You guys were FLYING! Hope you didn't get any serious damage from the tree. Scary.

great video. its fun to watch when i dont have a bike to ride at the moment. 😢 anyways love the video. we need more stuff like this 😢 :cry: 😢

I still don't know exactly what happened but it did knock the crap out of me for a few minutes and I was a little dazed. I hit my leg, chest and arm and my chest still hurts a little. Thank God for chest protectors. It threw me so hard the other way that it tore my brand new Cycra hand guard bolt right out of the mount. My buddy on the BRP traded me for a longer bolt and we were back in business. 😢

NICE! Makes me sorry that I didn't start riding a long time ago. 😢

I really enjoyed your cool video but you're lucky you didn't get hurt worse hitting that tree. When I raced motocross years ago, I lost control in a whoop section, went off the track and hit a big tree. I leaned to one side on impact so my body glanced off it, but my right foot and bike took a big hit and it really smashed up my foot. If I had hit 10 inches further to the right, I probably wouldn't be here right now. Ever since that I've had a healthy fear of trees. Watching your video made me really nervous! If you hit one of those babies square-on at the speeds you were riding it would be bad news, and it doesn't take much to get a couple of feet off course. Be careful out there!

hey man seriousely sweet video. i ride rampart religiously like two times a week after school man i practically live there....oh yea only the first minute was powerline and u guys seem better than that anyway ....alright if you know rampart at all (its not tough)you know what sprucewood is u know that bar on route whatever... use your helmet cam and shoot yourselves riding the trail behind sprucewood i dont know what its number is i dont know any of thise but it literally the best trail on eath once you get up there pretty far youll know what im talkin about and it would be kick ass footage 😢

What makes those trails? quads? motorcycles? It looks like a blast. Have you ever come around a corner and run into a deer or a bear?

Great video but you're pissing me off because you have such a cool place to ride and I don't!! 😢

What sort of camera did you use and how did you mount it? I like to do something like that! 😢

What makes those trails? quads? motorcycles? It looks like a blast. Have you ever come around a corner and run into a deer or a bear?

usually they fit quads up at rampart but ive only run into a couple on the trail i dont think they like the whoops too much and quads dont need those awesome berms.....upp in grand lake ive run into a couple moose...it kills me you have to either turn around or wait for them to leave which can take a long freakin time u dont always wanna pass them theyre huge...either way man trails are the way to go

That was a AWSOME video! Thanks for sharing! 😢

You are right, only the first 2-3 miles are powerline. Then we head East and down towards Scotty's Rock and South. Usually hook up to Noddle and back but it's closed.

I've been riding at Rampart since 1978 and it used to be way sweeter and almost all the trails were singletrack. Now there are too many quads and crap in there widening the trail. Even though we are going fast, there is a lot of stuff to hit and the whoops kill you over a whole day. The other thing that's deceiving about the video is we are going up and down the whole time and there are lots of ruts and roots along with the fact that the trail has sort of a pipe like cross section so you really can't ride that much on the sides and go fast.

I haven't hit Sprucewood in years. I need to go down there and ride those sections of trail and then have a beer and burger. Ever since they closed Trail 10 (Top of the World) I haven't gone down towards the bar since it's so crowded. We usually get there at 7:00-8:00 am and leave by noon so we don't hit anyone head because it gets so crowded.

StillKickin, you are right about the trees and it just sucks when one jumps out into the trail like that one did. 😢 Every once in a while, I end up clipping one and usually, I don't take much of a hit except for the ground. This time, I did get a piece of the tree but I made sure it was a glancing blow at the last minute. If I'd have hit it straight up, I'd be in deep trouble.

I've come around a corner and almost hit another rider which sucks. People get the deer in the headlights syndrome and even if you go off trail, they follow and nail you. I've also seen deer, cattle, antelope, elk and I actually almost ran over a bobcat or lynx the year before. I've never seen any bear riding.

😢 Thanks for sharing! What kind of helmet cam set up were you using? Thinking of getting one. I sexxed up a tree couple weeks ago. Wish I had a cam just so I could remember what happened.

Great Job!!

Pretty cool footage. Man, you got served up by that tree. 😢

No doubt! Glad you didn't get seriously hurt. 😢

Reminded me of when my left handlebar somehow whacked a tree trunk while I was noodling along in 2nd gear on my 520. Yanked the right handlebar out of my hand, resulting in a full throttle twist as I tried to hang on with my right hand, resulting in an insane 2nd gear wheelie, resulting in the bike leaping off the trail in one direction, and my body leaping off the bike in another direction. 😢 Landed hard on my left side and sprained the hell out of my ribs. That one hurt. Had to drag the bike out of the woods with basically one good arm, all the while trying not to breath or cry. 😢

Wish I had that one on tape. 😢

I'm using the helmetcams 380 line extreme kit. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it but it needs fewer wires. Nick (Squidward) is working on a setup that will be cleaner.