Sign in to follow this  

engine removal, help now

03' crf450, how do you get the motor out of the frame. What is the proper way, bottom out first, top out first, lift and twist??????? I have been trying for 1.5 hours, help me before I kill myself.

I took of the valve cover and it only took my 30min. Took an hour to get back in 😢

Make sure all of the frame mount bolts are out. If it wiggles in place, your good there. I had the head and cylinder off when I took mine out but i think you could get away with having only the head off. And slide it out a side. They are kinda heavy too.

To my best recollection, twist and rock engine towards the kickstarter side and it will come out, it was by luck but it worked. Rock the back bottom on kickstarter side until the head cover dips under the top frame piece by where the petcock was mounted. then turn the motor CCW (looking from the top) until the bottom corner comes out of the frame first. Somehow mine came out. It is possible!

It's tough but it does come out of there. I found that it made a big difference in taking the valve cover off.

everything was off......sawzall did the trick 😢 :cry:

You have to tilt the motor and turn it to the left, get the head through the frame and then the bottom end will come out the right side. 😢