Sign in to follow this  

Stop Using FedEx

Has anybody had problems with FedEx? So I purchaed Fastway pegs, from the time FedEx got them to the time I got them was 6 days, now mind you this is going from Vegas to Sacramento. Two major cities ground that is normally a 2-3 day shipping time max. Next, a buddy sent me some tires, 2 weeks later I called him and asked if they were shipped yet, got a tracking number and found out that FedEx had lost my 2 brand new $160 slicks. It only took them another week to find them, so much for using them this season. 😢 Now we will move onto my latest. Got some handlebars from the TT store, they were the wrong bars so TT sent me the right ones and sent me a call tag so that I could return the wrong ones. I packaged them all up and put on the call tag then dropped off to a FedEx shipper location, it was then sent to the main hub and then the following day got sent back to the location I dropped it off at. I just got off the phone with FedEx and they couldnt understand why that happened so now I am sitting here awaiting call from them. Has anybody else had this many problems with FedEx, so far they are batting 0 for 3. Mean while I am sitting here hoping my bars get sent back so my card can get credited the $90. 😢

I have never, ever, ever, ever had a problem with fedx, and I use them all the time. I'm always amazed that they can do what they do how they do it.

Of course, I only use them for overnight shipping. I think the ground service is no better than ups. Use them for what they're for, overnight shipping.

I'll continue to use them too. Sorry about your luck. 😢

I was selling a bunch of stuff on e bay. I used FedEx Ground dropped off at a Kinkos. My cost was about 1/3 lower than UPS ground and no problems.

Fed EX sucks balls, same with USPS (They are about the same)

8 days to ship from Socal to Bay area, UPS takes 2-3 days. Plus USPS's tracking system SUCKS! Never updated!!!

UPS all the way. DHL is pretty good too.

Never had a problem with UPS. Fedex is another story. UPS 2-3 days from colorado to cali.

At work, FEDEX once had a set of plans fall out of the truck and get run over several times. And they delivered them to my client that way without saying anything. FEDEX also rerouted a laptop for my office to their main hub for this area because the driver was confused about the delivery and never notified us. It took me the better part of a day to track it down and then a LONG drive to get the thing. So we use UPS at work and they have been perfect.

But the UPS driver for my neighborhood will not deliver without a signature even for people who have specifically authorized that type of delivery. We complained to UPS and they told us that they cannot circumvent the driver. Therefore they said that they cannot do residential deliveries in my area unless we are home when the driver comes by. So we have to argue with every mail order place to convince them that they can't use UPS to deliver to our neighborhood.

It all seems to come down to the local delivery area people. At my home address, FEDEX has been perfect. At my work address, UPS has been perfect. But the other way around they both suck.

So FedEx never returned my call like promised. However I jsut track thepackage and see that they apparently "fixed" their mistake and finally got it delivered where it was supposed to go. It only took them 1.5 weeks. 😢

I haven't had any problems Fedex or UPS. I use to work for a shipping company that used mostly UPS, USPS, and some Fed ex. I think we had more US mail errors than anything. It didn't matter what shipper you used, when something went wrong it always took a long time to get it back to the right place. I would say it would take an average of 2 weeks to get the package to the customer when it was intially sorted wrong and went to the wrong hub. One time a guy came in to sent a Valentines Day card to his girlfriend two weeks before Valentines Day. He sent it Priority Mail and was only going about an hour away. The car didn't get there until a week after Valentine's Day. Talk about bad luck. 😢

I have had problems with fedex, usps, and ups. what are ya gonna do, drive it there? You just need to factor in the possibility of something going wrong when you get stuff shipped.

How were your tires packaged? Lost? Your shipping docs prolly came off. Who's fault is that? Now I notice you didnt mention which FedEx services you purchased, was is Ground or Express? Maybe you should give us all the details before you start bashing. FedEx ground IS NOT time definite like Express, six days? Takes 7 for me to get my UPS stuff. Before you trash FX you should make sure that improper packaging or shipping documentation isnt the cause.

That's the exception rather than the rule. FedEx rocks, UPS SUCKS That's the rule of thumb we use and have been very satisfied. I've refused to order from some vendors that only use UPS, I'm tired of crappy service and destroyed packages.

I've had problems with packages shipped UPS coming back to me because I didn't "put the addresses in the correct positions" even though I always put "To:" and "From:" in big black felt marker.

There's a reason UPS uses "turd brown" for their corporate color scheme; it's indicative of the service you'll receive.

Any shipper can screw up at times. But overall I have found UPS to be by far the worse. Especially when ordering expensive stuff. They have a habit of letting anyone sign, leaving stuff on front porches, and stuff like that. My last $500 order was sent to my neighbor. They also seem really good at breaking things. I have used FedEx ground a few times and they seem good but I will have to use them several times to really get a good opinion. Despite the reputation, I have always had perfect service from the USPS and have used them many times.

I've used all the shipping companies. I first started using UPS. They were pretty expensive and broke a few of my items. So I moved to FedEx. It was a lot cheaper. Then FedEx busted more packages then UPS did. I think FedEx is cheaper but when I tried to file a claim, they were a pain in the ass. Some of my claims got rejected. UPS really cared and wanted to make it right. They were calling me and updating me on the status of the claim every day! I use usps for the smaller stuff and their good. Problem is that they don't give you a tracking #, unless you purchase delivery conformation. Even that's not full tracking. I've seen the way usps handles my packages. LIKE CRAP. They throw them like their playing catch? Then dump a million packages on top of it 😢 Basically I think FedEx is cheaper then UPS but their customer service is crap. USPS is good for the smaller stuff, but the abuse the packages. And UPS is good all around, but you pay extra.

Also you have to consider how many packages these companies move. I think UPS moves around 54 million a day. I have no idea how they keep it all organize. I can't even keep track of a few pieces of paper 😢

I had a delivery using USPS with signature guarantee, the postman signed for it! and left in on my porch. Can they sign for the package??

FEDEX sucks, unless you are in a large city. If you are more than 45 miles from a large city, do not plan on Overnight being a guarantee. We only use Fedex, if we can't convince the other business to ship UPS. UPS is the only way to go where we are. Work and home are both good delivery. FEDEX, you can plan on double the time compared to UPS, and that includes the Overnight "guaranteed" delivery.

The one thing I have learned about FedEx freight is to not sign until the package is opened. Claim that if looks damaged to you and open the package. Make the delivery man wait. I made the mistake of signing for a $600 ceramic grill (Big Green Egg). Two boxes, shrink wrapped together. Once opened, I found out the largest piece was cracked through. This is 1" thick, tough ceramic, about 80lbs. Someone dropped the package. Filed claim with FedEx-denied since I signed for it. Was told that if it was dropped, the driver would have filed a report about it 😢. Since no report was filed, they did nothing wrong. She seemed offended that I questioned the honesty of the drivers and handlers of this package. What a policy. The Big Green Egg company made good on the problem :applause:great company. FedEx freight-one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had.

Hmmm FedEx Frieght shipping an 80lb item? Was it on a pallet? What kind of packing did you use? If it wasnt on a pallet I seriously doubt you recieved a package FedEx Freight. Typically you only ship items weighing over 150lbs FedEx Freight, you also have to have a dock for a 18wheeler, depending on where you are.

FedEx is great. never had an issue with them...ok once i did. They were supposed to deliver my sons B-day present ON his b-day. drive didnt feel like it or what ever. I called the terminal after hours once i realized it wasnt coming. and they let me come pick it up. other that that no issues.

UPS on the other hand.....man, dont get me started. Lost packages, dammaged packages, late packages. Hell, they left my surround sound speakers in the middle of my front yard in the rain. it looked like the guy drove by and ejcted the box from the truck Monster Garage style. I'm NOW on a list with them since there have been so many complaints. NO DELIVERY W/O SIGNATURE. 😢 :cry: 😢

Airborne express/DHL I usually get these a day early. 😢

Fed-ex ground uses contract drivers who must buy their own trucks ,not company people like UPS does hence their ground service is not as predictable as UPS.UPS is very accurate as to when a package will be delivered no matter what service you choose.(ground, next day, etc.)Fed-ex is great on air as is UPS, but leaves alot to be desired with their ground service.

I happen to own a UPS store and know this to be true, not corporate BS.

Fed-ex ground uses contract drivers who must buy their own trucks ....

NOPE... My sister is a FedEx driver... for 10yrs now. And she would never buy her own truck. Oh, and she works for FedEx... she's not contracted. Where'd you get your info??

To ALL:

I too hate FedEx. But then ... I too hate UPS. Oh wait... I hate USPS too. 😢

They've all done me wrong in someway. Whether it's having a "Signature on file" and they still don't leave the package... or having sent a $1200 money order next day, to have FedEx mess up on the zip code. Being late in delivery, FedEx used a courier to get it to the address. And the courier 'dropped' the package off with no signature. MO was cashed at some supermarket 30 miles away. FedEx, even with an insured package said it was the courier's fault. I called the courier... the courier company had fired the driver... and claimed, I won't see a dime from them. NICE! Mother humpers!! I'd like to go after them all! The clincher to this... I had sent the package out via my employer. FedEx offered to pay out the minimal insurance of $100... however, the money went to the employer's FedEx account, not to me personally. I got screwed out of $1200, and nothing to show for it!!

But what are ya gonna do???

Just insure the package to the hilt, inspect any deliverys signed for, and hope for the best... it's all you can do! And figure... with the amount of packages going here and there, they're bound to have issues. All of 'em. Just like anything.. mistakes are made. They're only human.

I use UPS more than any... but it's only because of convenience, and I ship once or more a week (Ebay sales are fun!).

Good luck to all!!!