Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Bike Theft Insurance in California

Anyone know of any companies that will insure a dirt bike for theft in California? I tried calling Progressive insurance like most people recommend here, but the rep said that I had to get liability insurance too and that they don't have a plan for just theft/fire. I tried to tell them that several people here said they had theft/fire only policies, but they said I must be mistaken...

I've got my bike (96 RM250) insured through Allstate for $120 a year and that does include liability as well as theft/fire. It's written up under a recrational vehicle policy. If you ride on public trail systems, the liability coverage is a good idea IMHO. You never know who you'll run into on the trail, figuratively and literally!

Allstate all the way! I have my 2 bikes insured and the cost is about $280 per year. Anyone that is not concerned about liability is crazy in my opinion. People are just too lawsuit happy these days not to have it.

Disclaimer: I am an Allstate agent 😢

Anyone know of any companies that will insure a dirt bike for theft in California? I tried calling Progressive insurance like most people recommend here, but the rep said that I had to get liability insurance too and that they don't have a plan for just theft/fire. I tried to tell them that several people here said they had theft/fire only policies, but they said I must be mistaken...

I've never heard of a theft/fire only policy, but that doesn't mean they don't exist... but mine wraps it all together, including theft, liability, etc for about $160 a year (I live in an iffy neighborhood) through state farm. 😢

I've never heard of a theft/fire only policy, but that doesn't mean they don't exist... but mine wraps it all together, including theft, liability, etc for about $160 a year (I live in an iffy neighborhood) through state farm. 😢

State Farm Rocks...I just got quoted $154 year for my 05 CRF450 full coverage!!

I believe you have to have your truck/car insured with State Farm or Allstate to get a dirt bike policy right?I'm paying about $400 for full coverage for my bike with progressive but saving $500 on my vehicles with Geico so it balances out.

I believe you have to have your truck/car insured with State Farm or Allstate to get a dirt bike policy right?I'm paying about $400 for full coverage for my bike with progressive but saving $500 on my vehicles with Geico so it balances out.

Damn, I'm only paying $100/year through Progressive for my 450

From what I have heard, State Farm does require you to have your auto insurance with them, but here in Maryland, Allstate does not. Each state will have different guidelines, but I believe in most states that you can get the Recreational Vehicle policy with Allstate without having your auto insurance with them.

I use State Farm for "Everything" but my home....

A couple trailer, quad, dirt bikes... my old sand rail (which they covered because an accident... ruled it salvaged. Loss paid out was more than I bought it for!)

And yes... they ROCK!!

That's strange your insurance is cheaper at Progressive.I guess it's more here in NV.I have a 10 year safe driving and MSF rider course discount.Looks like I need to shop around.

The law requires that you have to have liability insurance.

I have Progressive; it's not that expensive.

04 CRF250r $23

04 KTM125SX $12

04 CRF450R $20

You guys might as well use the correct terminology.

Theft insurance ---->Comprehensive

All you need is liability and COMP.

My total was:

CRF250R $134

CRF450R $49

KTM125SX $46

12 months total was $229 FOR ALL THREE BIKES