Sign in to follow this  

Had Rowher Flats all to myself. . .

Hey, ya'all oughta quit talkin' and start ridin'. I went to Rowher Flats last Saturday, pulled in at 7:45am, and had the entire place to myself. put in 30 miles before I saw a single soul. The conditions were georgous/no dust, no mud-ruts. My first time on the Drinkwater side.

by the way, anybody find a good jump in the area that I can practice on? In the open range area by lot #3 there are some roosting burms that were fun to jump, but looking for the nest step up.

Oh lucky you!! hahaha that place pretty well s_ _ ks. Been there once and will never go back. 😢

Your a f-ing putz. 😢 Rowher/drinkwater is a fun place to ride with higher speed trails but there are definately plenty of places where 1st and 2nd gear is all you want/need because of the rocks and cliffs. There are PLENTY of places out there where I would be glad to watch you loop out on your a*s. Once again another 30-40 post TT'er talking smack. 😢🤣 What is with this place and the mindless moron 2 time posters talking hella smack?

Anyway stoked you had a good time out there. 😢 next time we will hook up. 😢

Oh lucky you!! Bahama that place pretty well s_ _ ks. Been there once and will never go back. 😢

yes your right! don't like it anyway!!! I would not ride there again!! 😢

Oh lucky you!! Bahama that place pretty well s_ _ ks. Been there once and will never go back. 😢

yes your right! don't like it anyway!!! I would not ride there again!! 😢

I like your response of 13 words better than mine of 50+. 😢😢 :cry:

What is wrong with rowher flats? really??

some good flat out riding, some tech stuff, some hill climbs, not a huge area by any means but still good riding and now that drinkwater is open even more...

so tell me what is so wrong with it???? i would really like to know!!

Well lets see.... Bigity lives right around the corner so this is a great place just to cruise around. Dustee rides there quite a bit and I believe lives quite close to the area also. But Rower flats is nothing to tear your hair out over. I have rode it from Sierra hwy side to the Boquet canyon side and back from top to bottom. Too much Traffic ( quads ) and too many people who think they are the only ones out there so the trails belong too them only. It is a small area with no real challanges other than having to dodge a quad rider.

For you guys that want to think you know my riding style. No I dont do or like glamis never been and never will. As for looping it I dont think so!!! I think I have got the hill climb thing down I have been riding for over 31 years started out at 7 years of age and my first bike was a 125cc. Your right I dont know how to ride. As for posts I spend more time on the trails than I do on the computer.

O.K. I gotta say, I mentioned having Rowher to myself, because everyone was yacking about it, and I'm there all the time and don't see anyone until I run into them eating lunch on my way BACK to the truck. And some have a point, rowher is not the "end-all." I am from Idaho where they have real trails. . . but being here in LA, I gotta say, Rowher is a fun "quickie" if you can only get out for a few hours, and want to breath some smog free air. Also, asside from Gorman or the dunes, it would appear to be about as good as it gets within the 50 mile LA radius. I am a decent biker, and Rowher offers me challenges that I prefer not to tackle alone. I also mentioned getting there early because I avoided all the quads and spodes.

I am spud400, and I approve this message. 😢

OK...coupla questions. Where is Rowher Flats? Does it have easy, middle and hard stuff? I have Thursday and Friday off and I wanna ride!

Second - Biggity - did you ever decide what bike (or quad!!) to get for your daugher? I know this is a little off subject, but I was just wondering 😢

OK...coupla questions. Where is Rowher Flats? Does it have easy, middle and hard stuff? I have Thursday and Friday off and I wanna ride!

Second - Biggity - did you ever decide what bike (or quad!!) to get for your daugher? I know this is a little off subject, but I was just wondering 😢

It was for my gf. She's 4'11 so I could see how you thought it was my daughter 😢 :cry: We went to Ocatillo 2 weeks ago and got her to ride around on a little 70. It was small enough where she could get her feet on the ground and she had a blast. So I think I'm going to try to get her on a XR100. We tried to get her on a TTR125 and it was way to high. The 100 is bit high also but were going to try to sag it down a bit. Buying all her gear now and then comes the bike! 😢

That's right. Now I remember. Well, like I said before, you're more than welcome to give a shot on the youngest girl child's XR 100. It's totally stock (haven't had to do much to it because neither girl child is a major contender...just putters).

We're doin' jawbone over Thanksgiving...heard I haven't lived till I've seen that. What do you guys have planned? Coming this way anytime soon?

Hey Tammy a couple of us are riding at Gorman on Thursday if your interesed check out the thread 😢

😢 I checked that thread. It sounded really really fun, but I'm betting you guys are wwwaaaayyyy more advanced than I am and will end up leaving me in the woods 😢

Well we usually have all level of riders with us and don't worry we won't leave you behind 😢 so if you want to come the invite is out there 😢 :cry: 😢

It sounds cool. I'll head over to the other thread and confirm details, but consider me a soft yes for at least the next two hours until I can confirm w/the hubby!! 😢 Thanks!