Good deal for an enclosed?

The old lady said if she can get eye surgery, I can get an enclosed trailer! I thought I'd better jump on this before something changes..

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look? I don't want to spend much more than 2k. I want a 6x10 vnose if possible... ?

under $2k for a 6x10 v-nose. It may be possible but when you look at what you get for $2 it aint much. I looked and looked before I finially decided what features I wanted in my 5x8 enclosed. Things like

3/8 plywood walls

torson axle

Roof Vent

Spare tire

Sand pad on tongue jack.

Stone guard.

Most basic trailers dont have any of these options. The 3/8 walls is a biggie. Most have 1/8 luan walls that you cannot attach anything to it hooks shelves.

The torsion axle is nice cause it lowers the height of the deck height making loading easier.

Most of the enclosed trailers are made in Elkhard Indiana. That is trailer central.

My trailer is a continental cargo. I got a smoking deal on mine and wont repeat the price. But it is loaded with all the bells and whistles.

back_view.jpg

My friend sells them outta Ludington. You can order thru him but you will have to drive down to Elkardt to pick it up. PM me if you want his number.

My advice is to start hitting all the trailer sales places and look at how they are built. Figure out what you want in a trailer. Pick up a Auto trader and look in the back. There are always lots of trailer in there. But keep in mind that the low low price that they advertise is for a very basic trailer that you may not be happy with.

Take your time look at a few of them and figure out what you want.

Be carefull if you start looking at used ones, if you can even find one. People usually still want top dollar for a used one because you don't see many used ones for sale. Also people overload those small single axle trailers and trash them. I would spend the $ for electric brakes as they have saved my a$$ many times. I bought my R&R 7x21 v-nose from Nelsons Speed Shop. R&R are the low end all aluminum trailers, but my gets used probably every other weekend all year around and now problems other than a small roof leak after two years. You will have a hard time finding a V-nose for 2K.