Sign in to follow this  

Sherco

has anyone seen or ridden the new Sherco 450? i have seen them at the last 3 GNCC's and NHS's they look sweet.

There is a little blip about the 450 in the new dirt rider. It looks awesome and is said to be built with reliability as a main feature. Efi 240 lbs dry weight electric start.....looks pretty good.

Sounds good but I thought they had serious reliability problems... The one I saw was Some kind of enduro. And the guy pushing it was not happy!!!

Could be any number of reasons but Like the VOR They are off the radar of the "main stream" and that makes a purchase risky but it could be rewarding. Good thing Christopher Columbus didn't simply follow the pack of na sayers!!! YA know. 😢

I rode one the other day.

Very nice bit of kit. Has quite a neutral feel. When you get on it everything is in the right place and you automatically feel part of the bike.

Handling is sweet too - and I would say gives the other better handling off-road bikes a very good run for their money. Sherco have obviously put a lot of effort into getting this right.

The engine is a little underpowered so the Sherco is not the most powerful 450 on the block. As it is fuel injection, this will probably easily be fixed by some minor fueling changes.

Overall it is an excellent little bike - very impressive considering it is their first production of this type.

As for reliability, those that I know of that have been run and raced by some pretty fast enduro riders have actually had no major issues. The only problems have been very minor ones like stickers coming off during jet washing, water in a sensor causing a missfire etc.

Sherco have shown an extremely positive attitude towards the feedback they get from owners that knocks the socks of the attitude of the Jap and some other Euro manufacturers. They're obviously keen to make this one excellent package going forwards with the necessary responsible factory backup and service.

It is an excellent bike for the less experienced, brilliant for the novice. For the more experienced, faster off-road rider, it needs a bit more power.

Cheers,

Simon

I got on there web site and the bikes do look sweet, and they are comming out with a 250cc sometime within the next year. I am going to try to get a ride on one, and see if i like them.

I haven't but I would love to. I saw where a trials guy got eight on one in only his 2nd offroad race.
His name is David Chavez and I happend to be one of the 3 guys that was battling for the overall that day. The other was Mark Hyde.

David was flat out hauling and not making very many mistakes at all. The bike looked smooth and seemed to soakup everything. Unfortunatly he got a flat on the 3rd lap and Mark and I went on to finish 1st and second.

I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy a Sherco from what I saw that day.