Sign in to follow this  

mini motard

I dont think that the YSR tire will fit the XR50!! I had ran one on my KLX110 with the stock forks on it & I had to run a washer (spacer) to make it fit. I was very close to the forks 😢 Your best bet would be to go to Cycle Gear or local motor cycle shop & look through there tire book under scooter tires. You would be suprized at the selection of tires you'll find, and they are nice & sticky. I just put a set of Perrelli's on my SDG (10") 300-10" front & 350-10" rear. I will soon have 12" on the SDG & I will be getting tires for them as soon as I get them so keep me posted 😢 Thanx & good luck

i mini moto a TTR90 and a KLX110... and both have a 12" rear and i run a pirelli. the reason you have to space out the front fork on your 110 is because it has a 14" front wheel. as to whether or not the pirelli will fit your 12" sdg wheels or not, i'm not sure. i'll check the rim width on mine and get a tire name for you if you want. by the way--- i'll post pics soon.

I thought the reason I was running a spacer (washer) in front is because the front tire will rub the fork tube if not spaced out to offset it!!!!

I thought the reason I was running a spacer (washer) in front is because the front tire will rub the fork tube if not spaced out to offset it!!!!

this is true. i have the same problem and it's with a 12inch front wheel.

On an SDG, go to 10" rims front and rear, stuff a set of 120/90 Pirellis on, seems to be the hot setup for those for motard duty.

Two Brothers has the 12 inch tires that fit. I had to shave the sidewalls of the front on the Klx to fit in the forks but wasnt that much. I sent out the front wheel to buchanon spoke and wheel and they laced me up a excel 12inch front with heavyduty front spokes. All this is put on kx65 front end too the hydro brake makes huge difference with motard tires as they are way heavier then the dirt wheels.