Sign in to follow this  

lean 150

Friend of mine's kid has a 04 150......not too mechanically inclined. The bike seems super lean and hard to restart when hot. Thinking about a christmas present for this poor boy who's dad doesn't know how to wrench. Should I get this power up kit everyone talks about or should I go with the lighter chain and sprockets? I haven't looked at this bike too closely is this one of those bikes you have to grind a plug off to get to the fuel screw? I would bring the bike to my house to work on it but it isn't sitting in my garage right now. Just trying to help a young rider who's dad doesn't know a phillips from a regular screwdriver (lot's of them where I live). Honda dealer for these jets? Service Honda? Any help would be appreciated.

You can just go to a Honda dealer and they can get you the pilot jet and the main jet (as can any dealer) and they can also get you the power up needle. If you do a search you can get the part numbers for the 150.

To get a idea of what you're going to be faced with, check out the jetting stickey that I made on the top of the forum (It's under my old TT login name though.)

The carbs are different, but similar. The difference in them that the 150's is smaller of course, and the throttle cable connection to the slide is different.

-Phill