Sign in to follow this  

XR200 good for me?

Hello, i own a crf250x and i am currently looking for a 2nd bike. I want something to go thrash on in the woods over the winter and keep the crf for racing. i am 6"0 and weight about 185, am i too big for a xr200? will it pull me up hills in the woods? i have seen a few for sale in my area and the prices look good. thanks

Look for a pre 1992 because they has 10inchs of travel and a nitrogen bottle on the rear mono. heavy but will last good beater bike. i got a mint 1987 for 300 bucks from som dumb kid 😢

I would think an XR 200 would be plenty to get you around in the woods. I weigh about 170 and my XR 100 beater is plenty and a lot of fun.

I weigh 180 and stand 6'1" and ride an XR 200. It hauls me around pretty good. Occasionally it would be nice to have a little more power to get the front end up, but for the type of riding I do (mountain logging roads with lots of rocks & mud) the 200 works well.

Unless your too fussy the XR200's good for anyone, it may not be super fast but if you really want that can be fixed. And above all its reliable and simple.

John