what is the diff between 01 and 04 DRZ400?

I have a 01 DRZ400 kick and have the chance to buy a 01 400e model and was wondering what the diff is between 01 and 04 DRZ's. I have not had any problems with my 01 but would love to know what you guys think. If you are wondering why the swap it is because of my bad knee. Thanks

As far as i know with the exception of different grafix the only difference is the front suspension can't be adjusted until 02 onwards having said that i have a late 01 model and mine can, i belive there is no change on the DRZ so far.

If i am wrong i am sure one of the other guys will point it out and the legendary Mr Buned or Bronco will will know if any the tec figures and if they have been modified 😢

updated cam chain tensioners and the shock got a high speed comp adjuster in 02.

the S models were the units with different suspension.

Did the S get the updated cam chain tensioner as well? There was a post here just a little while ago and someone said that cam chain tensioners were a problem on all models. 😢

There have been no reported failures on 02 on i believe but that being said popular consencous from this board is to put the manual one in anyway, seems like a veri inexpensive thing to do and offers a lot of peace of mind. if the OEM one fails it causes big time damage..I have a 04 and replaced mine with one of machinist's finest 😢

I posted the question a few weeks ago regarding the ACCT on an '03 S. Needless, to say, I contacted Machinist that afternoon and ordered his MCCT. Got it in last week, and just need sometime to install it. According to the instructions I received, "Burned's Method" should take all of 15 minutes to install.

Did the S get the updated cam chain tensioner as well? There was a post here just a little while ago and someone said that cam chain tensioners were a problem on all models.

Yes all modals got the fourth version ACCT at the same time. While no 2003 or later DRZ's have reported a ACCT failure (that we have seen in here) that same design has failed on other motors. Did Suzuki get it right on the fourth attempt? Darned if I know.. nor will I even find out,, my 2003 ACCT is sitting on a shelf holding some paperwork down. I'm pretty sure it will not fail at those duties.