Sign in to follow this  

New Freestyle Pyramids at Metcalf

Metcalf just re-opened for red sticker, so we started riding there again. The rangers have put in two new pyramids up by the little jumps on the top of Trail 2. They're about 30' tall, and about 35' apart. Has anybody played on them yet?

We saw some freestylers playing with whips on one of the pyramids as we rode by last weekend, but nobody looked like they were jumping between the two pyramids yet. That would take some serious cajones to be the first guy to try it. Talk about casing it!

Berkeboy has Friday off, so we'll be at Metcalf mid-day. Stop by and say hi if you're there too. -Mike- 😢

Metcalf just re-opened for red sticker, so we started riding there again. The rangers have put in two new pyramids up by the little jumps on the top of Trail 2. They're about 30' tall, and about 35' apart. Has anybody played on them yet?

We saw some freestylers playing with whips on one of the pyramids as we rode by last weekend, but nobody looked like they were jumping between the two pyramids yet. That would take some serious cajones to be the first guy to try it. Talk about casing it!

Berkeboy has Friday off, so we'll be at Metcalf mid-day. Stop by and say hi if you're there too. -Mike- 😢

Is that for sure about Friday?

I am itching to ride, that ma be the ticket, I have to much to do this weekend to ride, so friday may be my out

Hi John, It's pretty certain, unless I don't get enough done this week, and the boss clamps down. I'd say it's 95% at this point, but I'll know better by Wed afternoon. It would be cool to link up. A couple other friends may show up as well. -Mike- 😢

Great, I am in the same boat as well. I also pick my daighter up by 4:15 in Hollister, so depending on time I can cut out and if I can get my wife to pick here up 😢

Is that for sure about Friday?

I am itching to ride, that ma be the ticket, I have to much to do this weekend to ride, so friday may be my out

I just talked to the rangers at Metcalf, and they're getting pounded with rain. We were going to be giving a demo ride to a 9-year-old beginner rider, and it will be too muddy for that tomorrow. 😢

So it looks like it will just be me and my son, so we'll probably ride Sunday morning instead. Can't wait! Maybe play on the new pyramids for a while 😢

I think you should go to Hollister instead. They can take a lot more rain than Metcalf and still be decent riding. We bailed out of going today, I'm glad we didn't since it's been raining off and on all day. (I guess I'm a girl too.)

I think we'll try for tomorrow (friday), the kids want to stay overnight too, we'll see.

John

Yeah, both are fun in the mud. My son likes Metcalf over Hollister because of the shorter drive (45 minutes versus 90 minutes). Maybe when he gets older, the drive won't be so bad for him. Too bad the Hollister GP MX track isn't open more often. That would motivate us to make the drive down more often! 😢

You going to Hollister fri/sat? I might have to dig my Moose enduro jacket out. I have some MSR pants too, but i can't get my asterick braces on under them. I might give them to my mom or dad and get some better ones.

I rode Hollister during the first rain strom (about a month ago) and got pretty wet, but traction up on top was really good on Harmony gate upto the lake. Petes/Jay was pretty good except for a couple spots were there is a stretch of clay. I wanted windshield wipers for my googles, used roll offs instead. 😢

I think Carnegie is the worst place to go if its raining, they will shut down a lot of the trails, with not much rain at all.

Cheers,

Went to Metcalfe for the first time this past Monday. I saw the pyramids and contemplated trying them out but decided against it.

Monday I went before work and was the only person there. I was there from 8 to 9:30 and there was nobody else there. When I got there they told me they were still setting up and to just gear up and go riding. 😢

I ended up crashing on the MX track on my last lap and jammed my thumb back. (it's still swolen).

Anyone else interested in meeting up at metcalfe befor work? I am planning on going at least once a week for a couple hours before work ant it would be great to have someone to ride with.

Scott

Hey Gixxer, that's a new idea. I never thought of riding before work. With Metcalf opening at 8AM, it would only take a few extra hours at the end of the day to make it up at work. 😢

Do a couple of practice motos and then go to work. I might be up for that. I'll PM you if it looks like we can link up. Thanks. -Mike- 😢

I went riding on thursday and today (friday) with my dad at metcalf. Thursday they only had trail 1 open and it was pooring. Fun on the atv but clean up took a while! Today was perrrrfect! I had a blast. They had evrything open except for trail 1 and the mx track...We rode almost evry trail there is and it was so great except for the huge puttles that you would just get soaked in. All in all I had a great time...the most fun ive had at metcalf 😢