Sign in to follow this  

Mt. Pleasant - Woodbine (south jersey)

Hey,

Two of my riding buddies went there this past Sunday. They don't know each other so their reports aren't biased. They both said that this place is the most fun mx track around.....they also both commented on the awesome grooming and nice jumps. I heard that the owners groom the track throughout the day so the jumps are great from start till end.

They also told me thats its about in between Chatsworth and Atco as far as diffuculty.....but way more fun, with some long straights.

Im gonna head down and check it out maybe next weekend.....Anybody up for giving it a try?

Hey,

Two of my riding buddies went there this past Sunday. They don't know each other so their reports aren't biased. They both said that this place is the most fun mx track around.....they also both commented on the awesome grooming and nice jumps. I heard that the owners groom the track throughout the day so the jumps are great from start till end.

They also told me thats its about in between Chatsworth and Atco as far as diffuculty.....but way more fun, with some long straights.

Im gonna head down and check it out maybe next weekend.....Anybody up for giving it a try?

Do you REALLY have to ask?

But I have a question-- you say the skill level is between Chats and Atco-- only having ridden at Chats, I don't know which one is tougher. Atco is more or less challenging than Chats?

Atco is tougher than Chats....they have some "do or die" jumps that I always roll. But the dirt is better than chats....Atco is more of a supercross style track...jump, turn, jump, turn, rythem section, turn, jump...etc...

My friends both said that Mt Pleasant is a great track....they kept saying how much fun it is...also they said most of the jumps are tables....and the doubles are forgiving. One guy is a little better than me...the other guy is a little slower than me. Actually the slower guy said "anytime you want to go there....let me know and Im there...thats how much fun I had"

Hey Flying, Do you know if it is a daily fee track or a membership track? Any idea how much? Maybe I will see you down there.

Check out their website: www.mtpleasantmx.com

They have a 4 hour pass or an all day pass. Make sure they are not racing on Sunday because if they are, practice on Saturday is only from 9 till 1pm. It's a great track and very safe, but since it's sand it gets rough on race days. Enjoy 😢

Do you know what we should do if we had half a brain between us all.

It says they have a moto school. We should look into a TT school and have the whole place to ourselves.

Do you know what we should do if we had half a brain between us all.

It says they have a moto school. We should look into a TT school and have the whole place to ourselves.

Good idea.....I just sent them an email. I asked if they would rent the track to us for a day....

if u guys get the track to yourself, let me know ill be there. lol i heard the track was NJ's "southwick" but ive never been there. its a bit of a hike for me.. 😢

I was there this past weekend track looked nice not to hard. I did not ride the track just stopped by

the dirt looked great from what i could see it was not tto sandy I am going to ride the next chance i get.

buying land would be great, but it'd have to be somewhere where all of us could acces it. not too far away y'no? I could contribute a few hundred bucks- MAYBE but im going to TN this summer and its gonna cost me $300 in gas to drive there! OH yeah- don't forget insurance for the land, what happens when someone bites it hard? Brad, maybe you could start a seperate topic about this- flyinggeetar was inquiring bout' woodbine, not land 😢

I know people that belong to mx clubs in district 34 and see how much money and effort it takes to run a track.

It is much easier and cheaper to complain then to actually do something about it.

Thats why I do.

woodbine, nj? thats not too far from me, if u guys get the track for a day ill definitely go 😢 :cry:

I rode a hare scramble there this summer, they used the track and a couple miles of trails in the woods, it was a really nice track. fast with a lot of table tops and it held up well through the race. What I heard is it used to be all sand but they mixed in wood chips and/or dirt to firm up the soil. when do you plan on going? I may be able to make it.

I rode a hare scramble there this summer, they used the track and a couple miles of trails in the woods, it was a really nice track. fast with a lot of table tops and it held up well through the race. What I heard is it used to be all sand but they mixed in wood chips and/or dirt to firm up the soil. when do you plan on going? I may be able to make it.

Im gonna shoot for sun 11/21.

I just recieved a reply from the owner or manager of the track. He said its 450.00 a day for up to 20 riders. every rider over #20 is 15.00 extra per rider.

Thats 22.50 if we can get 20 riders together. I can probably get 5 including myself.

If we get 30 riders, its 20.00 per person....not really a great deal considering the fact that you can just go there for 20.00/30.00 half day/full day....but it would be cool to have the track to share with all of our friends and thumpertalk buds.

Mike

In my not so humble opinion its a bargain.

All it takes is one jerkoff to land on top of you.

The nice thing about the Sand Fleas is that they all seem to look out for each other and no one does anything stupid.

We all have to go to work on Monday.

In my not so humble opinion its a bargain.

All it takes is one jerkoff to land on top of you.

The nice thing about the Sand Fleas is that they all seem to look out for each other and no one does anything stupid.

We all have to go to work on Monday.

Yea...good point. I just remembered....quads ride with the bikes there, so if we rented it there would be no quads....except for my Aunt LuLu

They scare me when I ride atco....some of those mullet/AcDc shirt wearing quad dudes really rip....they will hit a double right behind you (pinned) and then pass over you in the air...pretty scary.

Lets rent that piece!

Woodbine is a good track and very rider friendly. The owner is a great guy. Our club ran the harescramble there in the summer. Maybe if you asked he would let you guys run the woods loop too if you rent the place.. I would be up to ride but the 21st is delaware hare scrambles. If its any other weekend I am in and probally could bring a couple of friends..

I'm in for Woodbine, 😢 I haven't ridden since I hurt my ribs at The Rocket on Oct 9 and I hope to start riding again soon. If you are going on a Sunday they are normally open to the public. I can go during the week, so keep us informed.

Your Aunt LuLU, does she go?

You know the old in-out.

Monty Python?