Sign in to follow this  

Who's coming to the desert?

The weather has changed. No longer do we have to get up at 0600 to get a ride in before it's too hot. As a matter of fact, it's absolutely beautiful and with the little bits of rain we've had here and there, who could ask for more for a cool desert ride?

So who's gonna come down and see us? I'm in need of a ride buddy or two. My hubbie Joel hurt himself last week at Jawbone and is down for a couple of weeks and I know poor Jimbo is sick of me asking to ride every weekend.

Anyone headed this way in the next couple of weeks and not mind having a tagalong? 😢

I'm meeting a couple guys out at Ocotillo Wells this Saturday. Your welcome to join us.

Tammy;

My group plans to be at Jawbone Thanksgiving weekend. Hope you can make it down there.

How's the KLX ?? Any more mods to it?

See ya......hopefully

Brewster

We'll be out at Red Mountain on Thanksgiving with about million other riders! 😢

Plan to go to Dove Springs middle of December! Didn't get a chance to meet you guys on the Kennedy Meadows trip. We ride in the Desert all winter long so maybe we will have an opportunity to ride together? 😢

Brewster - we'll see ya there, then. That's where the gang and I are headed, I'm told. I think we're getting there Thursday nite or Friday morning.

Rides Red - man I hope you guys make it out this way. It will be fun. I haven't been to Dove Springs, despite it being in my back yard. I do the Randsburg, Wagon Wheel, Spangler or Jawbone thing mostly lately. Next time you're up in the area, holler. I have plans for Sat and Sun this week to be in Vegas, but you can bet that just about every other weekend, I'm buggin my hubby and friends to go out riding. 😢

Let me attempt it tomorrow at work. Whatcha got in mind? 😢

I'm in LA the night of the 17th for a flight to guam for my vacation there with my brother. I return on Sunday 28. I was not planning to bring my bike, but maybe I could take an extra day off work, come down the night of the 16th late and ride the 17th with you. It would be best if I ride wednesday 17th, because when I come back on the 28th I'll have jet lag and probably should spend some time with family.

it's all very sketchy...... just asking - if not that day, then I still plan to come out there for christmas and I would plan on riding with you all on Sunday the 26th...if you're up for that. If its still too close to Christmas then well we'l have to do it another time.

The real question is dec 26th- can we ink that ride day yet?

Gonna be at johnshon valley this weekend. And Cal city for thanksgiving with all the other maniacs. Anyone know how much more land has been closed out there?

Bob - you're in ink for the 26th. Absolutely. Joel and I are a shoe-in and I'm sure Jimbo will chime in OK if Jill doesn't have other plans for him. You can even stay an extra day and ride the 27th if'n ya want. 😢

A bunch of us from Palmdale/Lancaster will be out at Dove Springs 19th-21st. We'll be camped at "the Wall". Green ford 1 ton super crew/27ft Aljo trailer, WR426, RM465, CR80. There will also be a red 3/4 ton super crew w/a 33 ft toy box, a couple class c's and a big diesel pusher. Maybe even a jeep or two. Come out and join us if you like... 😢

Greg

I haven't been out to Dove Springs (can't imagine why not...it's closer than Jawbone?). Just what is "the wall." That's a free weekend and maybe I'll just ride on over and say hi! 😢

Awwwww..you might as well add the 28th, too. How often do ya get to the desert? 😢

I'm going to be at corral canyon I think on the 23 but if I have it open I would be up for joining you guys. What type of riding is it out there desert trails, single/double track or what 😢

Anything you want. Hills, single track, hills, some roads, hills, rocks. Did I mention hills. I LOVE hills! Seriously, there's a ton of single track and it ranges from easy to schtuff I won't go up cuz I'm scared (although Joel and Jim usually tackle it). Spangler is neat because if it's too hard for me, I ride off to the right and the boys can still go up the hard stuff. We just find each other at high points and all the trails kinda run together. And on the way home, we usually take this neat set of rolling hills where we go up and down and up and down.

And Wagon Wheel is another neat place. We ride in and around the rocks and boulders. I like to play follow the leader thru there. Tight, slow stuff with little room. Technical is fun! Joel hates it, but Jimbo humors me.

Let's see. Jawbone just half an hour away. You ever been there? It's kinda cool, too. And Randsburg. A neat spot to ride to for lunch! Got a great little diner in Johanasberg that you just have to see to believe. Old guy and gal running it are a hoot...but that's another story.

Lots of fun riding here! 😢

Is the wall the place where the road goes up a sandy hill to the left? 1 really big road jump? If so we call that SQUID VALLEY! 😢 We go up and to the right out alittle further into the dez. There's alot of riders that camp there,last year there was brawl down there where the rangers how to come a break it up! 😢

The Wall is a short, steep sandy hillclimb on the way to the springs at dove springs. (Yes, there really is a spring, with water year around, at Dove Springs). Coming from Ridgecrest, you would turn right onto the road to dove springs (dove springs road?) and follow the road about a mile and a half. You will come to a couple of intersections. Stay on the main road. The road takes a pretty significant left/right "esse turn", and just past that will be "the Wall". You will know it's the wall because all of the idiots with quads and sand rails will be blasting up and down it. (I still haven't figured out why we camp there). We will be on the right, a little ways off the road.

Stop by to say Hi.

Birdie

Yeah! I will...if hubby doesn't yell at me for driving the bikes out two weekends in a row 😢