Sign in to follow this  

Who's coming to my desert

I posted this in the SW Forum, but thought I'd post it here, too, just in case any of ya'll are coming this way. I need a riding buddy! 😢

The weather has changed. No longer do we have to get up at 0600 to get a ride in before it's too hot. As a matter of fact, it's absolutely beautiful and with the little bits of rain we've had here and there, who could ask for more for a cool desert ride?

So who's gonna come down and see us? I'm in need of a ride buddy or two. My hubbie Joel hurt himself last week at Jawbone and is down for a couple of weeks and I know poor Jimbo is sick of me asking to ride every weekend.

Anyone headed this way in the next couple of weeks and not mind having a tagalong?

What part of the desert do ya live in?

No race this weekend....so the ol man IS staying HOME and catching up on some honey dos....whether he likes it or not, dang it!!!!!!!!! (I'll take spark plugs...and I work in the only moto shop in town....I can make *sure* we have none in stock!!!!!! 😢 :cry: 😢)

peace,

janete

We won't be coming down in the next couple of weeks but my husband and I will be down over Christmas Vacation to play in your awesome desert. 😢

Would that still work?

Kimberly

ABSOLUTELY! Make sure you keep in touch and we'll have a grand time. When ya coming and just whereabouts are you gonna be? 😢

I live in Ridgecrest...I'm only about 30 minutes from Jawbone...if my hubby is driving the rig. 20 if I'm driving 😢

Janette - I live about half an hour from Jawbone. Where you at? In my backyard (almost literally) I have Jawbone, Spangler, Randsburg, Dove Springs, Wagon Wheel and acres and acres and acres of free roamin' desert, hills and single track trails. Sound like fun? 😢

my bestest buddy is in ridgecrest, too!!!!!!!!!!

i'm in big bear. yes...my typing got wayu feeble. i got a long arm cast for some hopes of my thumb/wrist healing. i sure as heck HOPE i can frikken ride by xmas!!!!!!!!!! i just kept tweeking it in a shortie. i sorta caught the other one on fire yesterday at work. lol got too close to the grinder. 😢 i really didn't think the sparks were that hot.

cast wise, hopefully the 4th time is a charm!

peace,

janette

Ummmm...don't think catchin' it on fire is exactly what you're posed to be doin. 😢 I hope you're healed by Christmas. That's a long time to be in a cast! And if your bestest buddy is in R/C, that gives you a reason to come here and meet me, even if ya can't ride! I have a really good friend in Rim. I'm thinkin' about goin' up and goin' skiing!

So where do you ride in BB? I kept thinking all summer long about riding up in your cool mountains, but didn't think you really could cuz of the fire damage and the beetles eating all the trees. Didn't even bother asking. Til now. So....? 😢

we have a local staging area to trailer to. we have nat. forest trails that start within walking distance from the front door. big pine flats and all are a 15 minute dual sport (wink) ride from here. nice riding in the summer when your gear melts down the hill. 😢 :cry: 😢 i'm a freak and like to ride in the snow, too.

i'll be coming up that way in the next few weeks to get a new dl and visit my friend. we were gonna have turkey day there...but the ol man wants to stay home. i won't be able to ride....so i don't care. lol if i could....i'd be upset staying home.

peace,

janette

ABSOLUTELY! Make sure you keep in touch and we'll have a grand time. When ya coming and just whereabouts are you gonna be? 😢

I live in Ridgecrest...I'm only about 30 minutes from Jawbone...if my hubby is driving the rig. 20 if I'm driving 😢

Yay, Cool 😢

We don't have all the particulars worked out yet but I'm thinking we should be ready to ride by 12/21. The past couple of years we've stopped at Gorman for 3 days and then moved on out to the desert, outside Cal City or to Tegal wash. I'll definately keep in touch so we can get together. 😢

Janet heal well!

Kimberly

I actually made plans today for turkey day weekend. There's a Riders Helping Riders Benefit race on Sunday in Lucerne. Me and the ol man are hooking up with side hack guys for a ride. The ol man is teaming up on a borrowed rig with an experienced rider and I'll be teaming up with an experienced driver. I also sorta got roped into doing sound checks for at least part of the weekend. Two FULL days this weekend was too much, though....*1* day is good...2 is too many. By the second day too many people lippin off and ya just wanna shove that sound meter somewhere other then their *pipe*. LOL

I am SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!! *3* wheels....here we come!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I've got a line on a rig...now I just need to get the van sold so I have the $$$$ for the rig!!!!!!!

peace,

janette

P.S. I fiigured out how to type without knocking too much off my desk. 😢