Sign in to follow this  

Thor Force Knee gaurd?

Im looking to buy a new set of knee gaurds because the fox ones i have now are irritating. Does anyone have the Force knee gaurds? Any complaints about them? How do you like them?

I have them....and yes I've crashed with them. They work good and the price is great for how much protection you get. The down side is, if you get dirt inside your pants they rub you raw with the part above the knee and they make your boots harder to close. I started using those super high socks(Fox proforma I think) that go all the way up to my thighs and that cures the rash part & now I tape the tops of my boots were it is opened up around the bottom of the pad when I race.

Over all, I'd say 😢 :cry:

I have had a set for over a year now and they are very comfortable. Make sure they fit good or you will end up with stitches if they slide and you crash. 😢

I really enjoy them but they do have their faults. Mine are tearing up my graphics(from squeezing with my knees) and also have rubbed holes in my pants. But for the money and protection, they are second to none!!!!! 😢

I will def. buy another pair when the time comes!!!!

I have them. I love them. They are kinda bulky though, but thats allright.

You have to have socks that go past your knees though, if not, you will get a rash on the back part of your leg, where you bend your knee. If not, cut the end of a sock off and use that...

I have a pair also, and for the price, the protection is great. My only complaint is that mine are also tearing up the graphics and making holes in my pants.

Ive had a set for a year or so also and would buy them again.

Taken some pretty hard falls on them & no knee injuries.

I bought a pair about a month ago. I have about 4-5 rides on them so far and fell once last time I was out. I went down in a rutted corner and did that little "jump off the bike and run a little too fast" routine and then fell hard on my left knee into some into some hard clay (like concrete)....it felt like I landed on a pillow. My knee would have been wrecked without them for sure.

I did notice that after a long day of riding they seem to wear my muscles around my knees out a little bit....it could be that I have them too tight though....Im still messing with the right combination of strap adjustments.

I'd buy them again.

Mike

I have a set for the last 2 years. All of the drawback mentioned by the others are true. Chaffing if no socks, damage sticker, hot in warm weather, they get a bit smelly, even after a few washes. But it is the best protection for the money. I crashed quite a few times hard enough to tear the pants and scuff the plastic of the protectors, but I only find out after the rides 😢.

I've got some and find them fine, except for the fact that the straps are a bit loose on mine (guess I need to build up some more muscle 😢). Other than that - no complaints so far - especially for the price