Sign in to follow this  

D38 racers out there?

i am getting that urge to enter some races again and was looking for some info on desert raceing, hopefully out at plaster city/superstition.

That is D38 right?

do they have a web sight?

i would like to find out what I will need as far as equipment, map scroll etc.? also I heard something about kill switch tethers? are they only for quads?

i'm looking for a race around 50 -75 miles beginner class(easy loop?)

Thanks for any innfo

miguel

Miguel,

D38 has been taken over by Sidewinders Motorsports. Check out the link below for details. You need to be a current AMA member to enter these events as they are sanctioned by the AMA. No roll charts needed. They will provide maps and the courses are marked very well.

Mike Cuff (and family) has raced D-38 for a while and has done a great job organizing these events.

http://www.sidewindersmotorsports.com/

also try here http://groups.msn.com/RoadRunnerOffRoadRacing/home.htm

There is a race on Nov 13th and will be a desert scramble, 7 times around an 8+ mile course,

Riders meeting at 8:15 am. signups start at 7:00am. Bomb run after riders meeting.

No prerunning.

Must have an AMA card $39.00 available at sign up.

Event is $35.00 for members

$40.00 for non member, pie plate

there is no need for any speical equipment

i'll be racing (more like riding) come on out

i'm going to do the race this sat for sure. i'll be on the pig. any suggestions for what class to run in, open or four stroke, i'm signing up beginner class so yeah i'll be more like riding/following!

when you say bomb run after the rider meeting you mean the race starts immediatly after? or is that the practice lap?

Thanks for any help

Miguel

im riding in the seniors(40+) beginners class because im fat and slow!! i'll have the old kx250 with no #'s on the plates. pie plate'r

race with what you feel comfortable with 😢

this will be my first race too so dont run me over when ya lap me 😢

the bomb run is just getting used to the start line, im not going to bother because i'll be in the back anyways 😢

im getting there at about noon friday and will be by the roadrunner camp on pit row, have a black 02 dodge with a white curtis toybox.

i believe the race will start about 9.00am

hope toi see ya there 😢