Sign in to follow this  

rtt steering stabilizer

Has anyone purchased a rtt stabilizer? Thats the one that is adjustable,& integral w/the top clamp.Any feedback? Will sell my RG3,Scotts set up complete(fits 04`crf250r & x or crf450 02`to 04`)

I purchased an RTT setup for my KTM. I also got the Fastway handguards.

I currently have a GPR on my Honda CRF. I have the Fastways on the Honda too.

I like the RTT because it's very sexy, it's fully integrated into the triple clamp, so it looks great and it doesn't protrude. Someone told me that they hit their chest with the steering damper (a Scotts or GPR type). With the RTT there's no issue. Lastly, the RTT gives you the ability to use the thumb setting to turn on/off the damper without removing your hands from the bars. While this doesn't sound like a big deal, it's always when you need to activate/deactivate the damper most that you can least afford to take your hand off the bar. This makes the RTTs awesome.

The Fastway handguards are awesome too, probably the best made, merely for the fact that they just can't fold up and over like the Acerbis, or other similarly-mounted handguard can.

On the other side of the coin, the RTT will take up more space next to your kill switch, with the thumb lever. Also, you have the hydraulic lines running from the triple clamp to the thumb lever. Not a big deal if you don't have too much on your bars already. And you have to make sure you don't damage the hydraulic lines. They're not fragile, you just should be careful. None of these are show-stoppers at all.

I like the GPR on my Honda, works just as well, but I always get caught with no damping when I need it, and am unable to dial in the daming while I'm on the move...

Lastly, there's always the cost issue. The RTT just costs more, but you do get a triple clamp out of it.

I had one and loved it. Worked great, looked cool, and the thumb switch is awesome. Very good unit.

MVC-238F.JPG

😢