Are aftermarket foot pegs worth the investment?

The only aftermarket pegs I've ever had were the fastways. I liked the fact that they were wide and mud didn't cake up in them but I found that my feet would slip off a lot easier than the stockers. I had the pressed in pegs vs. the allen head adjustable ones but I've heard of the adjustable ones allen heads getting wore down.

Just the fact that my feet slipped off turned me off from using them.

I ran Pro-Circuit pegs on my CR500's for years and they were great. Not sure about their newer offerings though.

I've also used Works Connections peg wideners in the past with great results. They used to be around $25-$30 and you just weld them on.

The primary benefits I saw were more foot support and less wear/tear on your boots.

YES!! Fastway lowboy pegs work great especially if you have big feet and you are tall.

Here's another vote for Fastways. They are wider and lower which is great but they also can be adjusted so the ends tilt up a little which helps me keep my knees pinned where they should be, on the tank!!!!! ?

If you wear Sidi's or any boot with screws in the bottom, you can plan on having those pins worn down to nubs if you don't watch em. I just put the tall ones on after taking the short pins out with vise grips. Some are permanently fused to the peg. Other than that it was a great mod.