were are we riding this weekend

i gots a new tire and tube on the back of the yzf, and a free anit fogg cloth for my goggels, and god and mail man willing, a new acerbis impact jacket comming this week, i need to try the new stuff out, ohh wait a minute thats way to much new stuff, crap im going down somewhere this weekend. okay new plan were is the best trail with the least amount of stuff to hit ? and the cushyest sand around ?. well are we going to do the 7 mile to boone, or the cabrefe or long lake, or evart. can you tell im iching to ride yet ? woo :devil:hoo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well are we going to do the 7 mile to boone, or the cabrefe or long lake, or evart. can you tell im iching to ride yet

Yep, those all are wide open and soft. Not many chances to tear up your new jacket. Its only new until you ride in it once, hope it was on sale. I am heading to deer camp in the U.P. so unless winter holds off I may be done for the year. Studded tires and all sounds fun but I'll let the YZman cover that one.

We rode Caberfe last weekend and the leaves are down, covering all the little nasties that take the front end away. Very similiar to our Wolverine ride. That jacket is only new once, break it in. ?

I'll ask the folks if they can watch the kid for a bit Sunday. I would like to get up there E.A.R.L.Y. if we go. like 8:30 and on the trail by 9:00am early. That way we can get up there and back in a reasonable time. The faster we can make this ride the better its gonna be for my sitter situation... ?

Cmore you done with Uncle Sam? You up for it?

A smaller group would be better as we can run up there and back without too many regrouping stops. I am not saying I dont want to ride with anyone that shows up. I just know that a large group tends to drag the day on and on. Time which I probably wont have. 3-5 people is a good size group to ride with.

Its 40 miles up to Boone from 7 mile. About a 2 1/2 hour ride at an easy pace. Make it to Boone by say 11:30-12:00am. Fill up and get a quick bike to eat and back to the truck by 3:00-4:00pm.

Now if Woodsy comes along all bets are off on our ETA for the truck. ?

I'll ask the folks if they can watch the kid for a bit Sunday. I would like to get up there E.A.R.L.Y. if we go. like 8:30 and on the trail by 9:00am early. That way we can get up there and back in a reasonable time. The faster we can make this ride the better its gonna be for my sitter situation... ?

Cmore you done with Uncle Sam? You up for it?

A smaller group would be better as we can run up there and back without too many regrouping stops. I am not saying I dont want to ride with anyone that shows up. I just know that a large group tends to drag the day on and on. Time which I probably wont have. 3-5 people is a good size group to ride with.

Its 40 miles up to Boone from 7 mile. About a 2 1/2 hour ride at an easy pace. Make it to Boone by say 11:30-12:00am. Fill up and get a quick bike to eat and back to the truck by 3:00-4:00pm.

Now if Woodsy comes along all bets are off on our ETA for the truck. ?

Does THIS mean I'm Definately NOT invited. ? :cry:

???

sounds okay, but i just broke my left chain adjustor bolt head off, so i hope i can get a new one or a suitable replacement for it before this weekend. yzman your wrong i rode with you at the snow chicken and you were on the yz then, but you did bring the crf along that day to tempt yourself into maybe using it, but i have never rode behind it in the dirt, will i be getting payback for you riding behind me at tomahawk hehe?.

wolfy is the drz up and running, last time i talk to you there was some ? odd topend noise's in the drz, are they fixed.

8:30 am ? im going to have to leave my place at ? :cry: 4 am ? id better get some sleep sat night ehhh :Dno gettin frisky with the wife on sat night then or any drinking of the sort.

well speaking of sleeping i need to do that now ???

Man, I want to go. I"m pretty much tied up until the first week of Dec. Hunting- Riding, Hunting-Riding, ? Each with its own thrills.Think I could just ride through the woods with my gun? I see deer all the time. I could just holster a 357 under my jacket. I could then use my bike to drag it out. You guys could watch out for the DNR for me. ?

Okay dammit, I am not letting this happen again. You guys name it and I am there....period. I do L.O.V.E. EARLY by the way so Don and I are on the same track (including SUNDAY)...although I have no clue where the hell I am going. Union negotiations tonight ...can you tell? - - - Steve

wolfy is the drz up and running, last time i talk to you there was some ? odd topend noise's in the drz, are they fixed.

Yes it's fixed it was a valve adjustment issue. But i do't think I'm riding for a while after today. I need a minute to get my mind right. The story is in O/T if your interested. ?

hmmm well im in so far tomorrow i still have to put in the chain adustor bolts then ill be good. the morning thing is okay with me to ill plan on that then.

as for wolf child ill have to read your post there.

now the 357 could work maybe a cross draw holster, chris saw a 6 point right infront of him on the white cloud trail, i would practic shooting in the whoops for a few months befor tying it in the hunting area. hehe you could just get the bike upto ramming speed and get one that way ? or you can use joes way bury them alive with a monster roost ? maybe studded tires will work with the ramming part. should we wear orange vest this weekend. ? or a guiely suit.

I am off to deer camp in the U.P. this weekend and won't be riding. Got a call from Paul (XR400) today and there are some of the Wednesday group riding on Sunday, planning on Boone and going South. Don Marsh (Flying Brick) will be there and not sure of the others. Will let them know of your 7 mile Rd. plans. If they don't show at the staging area plan on meeting up somewhere on the trail, head on. Whoever is leading look far ahead. Trevor (SX200) may show up and if so your distance will close very, very fast. YZman you may want to catch Marsch on DRN. If you don't connect draw straws and let Godzuki lead. ?

Whoever is leading look far ahead. Trevor (SX200) may show up and if so your distance will close very, very fast. YZman you may want to catch Marsch on DRN. If you don't connect draw straws and let Godzuki lead. ?

Oh common now. How much of an impact could that little 200 have while traveling ....thru the woods........ at Terminal velocity....... barely touching the ground............ Bouncing off everything in its path.................... ? :cry: ?

Godzuki your leading this crew north ?

Cmore, I have come to the conclusion that you are a log crossing junkie. I would say it looks like I am in for Sunday. I would say we would need to roll out of the parking lot not too long after 9:00 to get up there, eat and make it back with day light left. With half the shop off Monday for deer hunting, I should have a nice easy day to recover Monday at work.

It's the only advantage I have in trying to get in front of the pack, Still perfecting the art, Next weekend 20 nov, I'll be trying my luck on a 30 in dia. log I had taken to friends house. I'm sure there will be pic's of this log crossing. & I'm sure I'll be hearing don in the back ground laughing. See ya Sunday, you too don! ?

hehe now why did i get nominated for this position hehe what my bike isnt that heavy, besides how hard can it be to spot him hes orange for gods sake ?. i hereby decline position of lead person, being i dont know where im going so ill just follow on the way up and back i wouldnt want to make a wrong turn or anything, so the position of lead bike is still open :devil:tct you can fire a couple of warning shots with the 357 to let us know hes getting close if you lead right just remember to aim up ?, my jacket hasnt got here either so i will not have any bright colors for him to spot either and tct's orange bike and dons red bike and joes red bike are much more likly to be spotted than my dirty dark blue bike, and ofcourse im only thinking our all our safty, or maybe we could get them to meet us at 7 mile, or we meet them.