Sign in to follow this  

KX250F Offroad Conversion

I am looking for input from everyone that is using their KX250F for offroad racing/ riding, etc. I am looking at either going to an '04 Husky WR250 or converting the 250F. The thing that I really like about the Husky 2 stroke is the fact that it is very stable and tracks well. It also turns very well also. That is a hard combo to find. Is the KX250F a stable bike like the past KX's? Any input is appreciated.

Thx

Mike

I have a 05 KX250F I Love it but at this point I havent figured out how to get lights to work.I bought it thinking I could have THE off road moto.But I will figure out (I hope)

I race enduros on my KX250F and absolutely love it. My forks have been revalved and I've added a computer and Promoto spark arrestor. I'd rather have the ultra-light weight and great handling over electric start. It's rock solid stable at high speeds. I wish it had a taller top gear. I'm topped out at about 55 (but not very often here in east Texas).

I would highly recommend this bike for offroad.

what gearing are you running that you top out at 55? You must have street bike acceleration 😢 I'm running stock gearing right now on trails and it works fine for me. No overheating issues, no valve issues, and no handling issues. My only gripe about this bike is that the stock tires are crap. The front doesn't bite very well if you like to dive into turns late and the rear tire wears out quickly. Get a pair of the dunlop 756 and ur all set. BTW, i top out over 80 with the stock gearing.

A stock geered kxf will only hit 80mph if you toss it out of a airplane.

I ride and race mine offroad with a 46 rear sprocket and its still a little short on top speed but first gear is to tall.

Yeah I would have to agree, don't know how fast mine (still stock gearing) will go, but I know its no where near 80 mph.

Maybe thats why I haven't any of those valve problems everyone is whining about, I got one of the slow ones........LOL.

First options Added to my 05 kx250f was speedo[sigma 800 computer]I had it installed and calibrated the night I got bike.the next day I did topspeed test.On flat pavement my totally stock 250f's topspeed was 78mph.I could of probably hit 80mph but it seemed like motor was very close to rev limiter when i let off.motor breakin period was all of 5 minutes before doing this test.Depending on weather tommorrow I due another topspeed test.I have gps mounted on bars+speed0 for accuracy.I dont have helmet cam but I will figure out a way to attach my digital camera in a position to record speedo and gps screen as im riding.

I use my KX off road mostly, desert racing. I've never measured the top speed but I don't think it's anywhere near 80. Doesn't feel like it. Stock gearing is about all mine would ever pull without hurting the bottom. My KX125 had quite a bit more top speed, at least it felt like it. I have been curious just what my 04 KX250Fs top speed really is. 😢 I am thinking somewhere around 60 give or take a few mph.