Sign in to follow this  

winterizing

I have a yz250 2 stroke and need a checklist to go through before i put it away for the winter. I know the common sense stuff before you store a bike, but need a more in-depth list. If Anybody can help me out id appreciate it.

😢

run motor dry (=no clogged pilot in spring), change tranny oil, oil chain and park it.

I assume, or at least hope the bike will be stored indoors?. If so make sure the fuel system is clean & dry, alittle top end & power valve lube would be good, if its a cold damp envioroment, (I'm guessing it is?), useing dielectric grease on all elect. connections would be good, even if your not storeing the bike!. Get the bike off the suspention if it,s gonna sit a long time, (some kinda stand), pull the plug and shoot alittle lube into the cylider, spin the motor now and again. While the bike is down it,s a good time to tear down the suspention, control cables ect., and do a good clean & lube. Thats all that comes to mind right now as I prefer to keep rideing year round, snow and ice won't stop a rider, but?, if your not prepared it can be badd!!. 😢