Sign in to follow this  

Problems with 04 X....

Please list out any problems with the 04 X, I have seen a few here but I would like to have a solid list before I go out and grab one. (will be racing it in harescrambles and maybe a mx or two...(but i doubt the latter)). Or should I just pony up the extra cash for a 05? I would rather get the 04, no real reason just the fact that I know that it had great reviews by a number of testers. And the fact that it has been out longer maybe fixes/mods have been better tested as well. To be honest I was 90% ready to get a 04 until i started reading the threads here....sounds like it could be a daily chore to keep the bike in check...and i am not all about that (since i suck on working on bikes/cars). But I just wanted some honest feed back about the 04 and if it is just smarter to go with the 05. (even though it has not been tested as much as the 04)...hehe

if you can follow my rant your pretty good...

thank in advance.

I think that the only thing that was changed on the X between 04 nd 05 was the rear hub to a new one that was slightly lighter. If yo ucan justify spending the extra $$$ for a slightly lighter hub then go for the 05. Any and all problems that the 04's had would most likely be carried ovr to 05 since they didnt change anything. Just my .02 though.