Sign in to follow this  

Newbie - What bike should I buy?

I looking to buy my first dirt bike and am totally confused. I'm 32 6'1 190lbs. I'm looking to do mostly trails/single track/steep hill climbs and will rarely if ever venture onto the track. Should I go 250 or 450, air cooled or liquid cooled? I'm in California and want a green sticker bike. I'm open to any recommendations. Thanks!

Haven't you trolled this question once or twice before?

You really need to try stuff out or give a LOT more information. Experience, budget, etc.

I looking to buy my first dirt bike and am totally confused. I'm 32 6'1 190lbs. I'm looking to do mostly trails/single track/steep hill climbs and will rarely if ever venture onto the track. Should I go 250 or 450, air cooled or liquid cooled? I'm in California and want a green sticker bike. I'm open to any recommendations. Thanks!

What bike should you buy?

I think the 02 WR426F will suit all your riding needs 😢

and I just happen to have one for sale 😢

If you don't know how to do maintenance, get the XR400.

If you want more performance, and do know how to maintain a bike, get the KTM 450EXC.

I'm 6'2" and weigh 210llbs. I'm also a beginning rider. I picked up an 03 xr400r and have been very happy with it. I'm still learning everytime I go out, and I'm always smiling. Of course, I don't know what a lighter bike feels like, and I only ride trails.