Sign in to follow this  

Son is to big for the 50 need to move up what is the next move??

My son started this yr on a XR50 and has taken off! I am excited that my son is showing the interest that he has for riding and I was taking him to a trail park in Central Pa this entire yr. I hooked up with a friend that races Semi-Pro and he took us to Rausch Creek, a MX track park. My son fell in love with the under 80cc track and that is when I noticed the lack of ability the 50 has. He has definately grown to tall for it but the biggest thing i saw was that he has outgrown it performance. I am looking to move him up but only can find 65cc bikes that are a tad bit too tall for him now. I know that by the end of next yr it will fit him. My question is, are there any ways to lower the bikes so that they will fit him better and if so what are some of the bikes that will allow me to do this wiht the easiest of work?

thanks in advace!

If he truly has become comfortable with bikes, he should be able to handle a bike that's a bit too big. As long as he can get his knee up on the seat he's ready to fly. He might have problems stopping in rough areas, but they learn to stop on berms real quick after falling a few times. Get him an XR70, or if your inclined towards MX, get him a KX60, then he'll have much better suspension, a clutch, and more power than he know's exists (for the moment).

PW80, TTR-90, just newer pw80. kx60/rm60/rm65/kx65 honda xr70 maybe xr80, ktm65, jr80, older ds80, belive thats about it, kx 60 would be fun, but if your a thumper family, go with a older small thumper 😢

Or you could get a taller seat and a rear shock and do a little work to the motor and have a nice bike that when he out grows it, it will be fun for u to ride. But if he is into racing look around the suspention isn't the greatest design in the world but it works for tail and light motos.