Any reason to run Trailwings at 32 PSI rear, 28 PSI front?

Checked my tire pressure one week after taking my DRZ-S in for it's initial service (i.e. seventy dollar oil change) and finally got around to checking the tire pressures, and was a little surprised to find them so high. I lowered them to 22 PSI rear, 18 PSI front as per the owner's manual. Currently I am commuting to work, so my riding is 100% road.

I just bought the bike and it's my first motorcycle, so I'm taking upgrading on a "need" only basis. I've got extensive experience racing/riding XC mountain bikes, so not totally without experience, but damn close.

Wanted to get comfortable riding the street, then will venture off road, but at 30 I've slowed down so much, that I can't forsee pushing it to the limits, like I used to. Most of my riding will be in central Arkansas, which isn't extremely rocky.

I'd go with some knobbier dot tires, but don't want to loose streetability, as that's what I am riding the most currently.

Do you have a 75/25 road/off road tire suggestion?

Holy S***! Rode home at 18/22 PSI Fr/R and felt like the bike was squirmming all over the place. Worse, headed back home from the GF's, it just starts raining, so its slicker than snot, feeling almost out of control.

Could it be that the dealer put 28/32 because I was rode to the dealership on the interstate? Is it better to run higher pressure if riding only road?

I currently use the k-270's. They work great on the street. More a street tire than dirt..but still works pretty decent in the dirt. Definatly wont slide out from under you and hurt you like the deathwings.

They are also half the price of another brand's tire and wear fairly well.

Dropping 10 psi front/rear can make large difference in handling. It is a small air chamber so, you often feel dramatic handling changes by the pound or 2. [@#$%&*!], the max pressure is only 20+/-! When I go from 18/22 down to 12 to 14...on road it's a VERY big change. Try adjusting the suspension too but, you just may have to get used to stock air pressure!

Dan